Chapter Two

As Aliyah turned six months, Anil noticed that Aliyah's hair was quite curly as though she was of mixed heritage. He contemplated beating the crap out of Sarah since the child looked nothing like him but when he pondered on that thought, he knew he could risk losing his life. When he observed Aliyah and her mother, the resemblance was uncanny. If he confronted her about the child, he knew things would escalate quickly and Samaroo would find his way over to their house so he held his peace. He was forced to raise Aliyah as his own even though he knew she was not his.

Sarah and her lover wrote letters to each other so they maintained their connection and knew what happened in each other's lives. After Sarah read her lover's letters, she ripped it up and discarded them. No evidence of any communication was left in the house.
Sarah knew in a matter of no time Anil would want a second child so she planned to go to her lover who would impregnate her so her secret would not be uncovered. Sarah gave her lover pictures of their daughter which he gladly accepted.Her lover welcomed her with open arms and they were intimate. Sarah wanted her lover to get a second child so one day they can finally be together.

Two hours later, she left her lover and went home. When asked about her whereabouts she'd lie by saying she went for a walk or by her female friend, Lisa who she made up.

That same night, Anil overpowered Sarah and raped her so he could get another child. Sarah prayed to God that he'd never have a biological child. Since the beginning of their marriage, sex was never consensual which caused Sarah to grow colder towards Anil. She knew she had to stay since he was the breadwinner. He worked in the sugar cane factory processing sugar and molasses. He refused to let her work but Sarah knew she had to defy him. She knew that while he was at work she had to work and hide the money. Sarah had no intention of staying married to Anil. She deeply despised his very being more and more with each passing day. She kept those feelings close to her chest.