Chapter Eleven

Anil held back his tears thinking of how his life was unfair. No one liked him considering that he became his father who he hated the most.

He believed once he married Sarah all his worries would disappear. Their first night together at home was an absolute nightmare. As the newlyweds walked in the house, Sarah exclaimed, " you is one ugly indian who I was forced to marry. Yuh skinny, yuh ugly and yuh cant do nothing for meh." This fuelled Anil anger so he slapped her and demanded her silence. He apologized  to Sarah profusely with tears streaming down his face. He revealed that his dad abused his mother in every way and he promised himself he would not become his father. He held Sarah's hand, looked in her eyes and leaned in to kiss her but she pulled away. He pleaded with Sarah to kiss  and hug him and make him feel loved. Unfortunately, Sarah did not empathize with Anil but head straight to bed and lai  d down. Anil followed her, stripped naked and laid down in bed hoping she would admire him. Sarah closed her eyes to avoid seeing Anil. This was not enough to deter Anil from advancing further. He begged Sarah again to kiss him and hold him but she continued to ignore. To get his way with her, he laid on top of her, kissed her and raped her. Afterwards, he stormed out of the room with clentched fists crying, hating himself for being like his father. He went straight to the bar to supress his feelings of self hatred. That evening, he drank five shots of vodka and an entire one litre bottle of Black and White. Anil became a drunken stupor at the bar, laughing, peeing and vomitting on himself then passing out until the next morning. Luckily with the amount of alcohol Anil consumed, he was not poisoned nor fall into a coma. Many people snarkily exclaimed, "Yuh is a damn fool.. yuh is a piece of crap.. yuh existence is a waste...watch yuh.. yuh have a wifey now and so yuh getting on.. go home.." When Anil was drunk, those statements came through one ear and exited through the next.

Meanwhile Anil was getting wasted at the bar, Sarah cried in the arms of Yusef after dealing with Anil. Yusef comforted Sarah with his gentle touch and soft kisses which every time led to them being intimate. With each passing month, Sarah's longing to be with Yusef became stronger but she knew if he were to remain alive she had to be with Anil. She also knew that if she were to get pregnant the child will be Yusef's which could result in his death. She was willing to carry his children which was her dream since she was in high school.