Chapter Nine

Sarah left the hospital in tears with a broken heart and a  strong hatred for her father. From since she was aged nine she was attracted to african or mixed race guys. Her father noticed her attention was fixated on darker skinned men with curly or kinky hair so he constantly reminded her that she ought to keep her race pure. At age 12, she kissed a negro boy called Sam when they played kiss and catch. He was her best friend and boyfriend. They played in the neighbourhood and attended the same primary school. After Sam went to a different high school, his family moved away from the neighbourhood. They mysteriously lost contact ever since. When Sarah reached secondary school she associated with the negro and mixed boys. She played games with all of them since she realized they were fund of her. She was known as a "hot ting" and a "whore" but she did not care about what people thought. She kissed, and made out with her friends  and kept it to herself. Despite her games, she performed well at school. At age 15, she engaged in sexual intercourse with Yusef who was truly her first love. She dreamt of marrying him and having his dougla babies.  Many times her father wanted to know who her friends truly were but she kept silent. At home, she pretended to be a loner but at school she was the life of the party. Luckily, her two younger sisters, Sharon and Shadisa went to different primary and secondary school than she did so no news was travelled home. She finished school at 17 but didn't have much planned. She had no idea what career path she wanted to take but she knew she wanted to be with Yusef.

Right after Sarah left school, she learnt that she was arranged to marry an indian man, Anil. This arrangement was set up the day Sarah was born. The Singh family and the Mohan family agreed that their children will marry each other to keep their bloodline pure. It was rumoured that the Mohans and the Singhs were fourth cousins. She wondered if her sisters were set up to marry men they did not like and know when they turned 17. Samaroo threatened to murder Yusef if Sarah did not marry Anil. It was alleged that Samaroo murdered a few people while married to his wife. The day before Sarah's wedding, she engaged in sexual intercourse with Yusef and ensured that his sperm entered her especially knowing that she was ovulating. She promised Yusef that they would be reunited some day. Soon after she returned home and pretended nothing happened. She went to her room and cried knowing she would be wed to a stranger particularly an Indian who she knew nothing about nor his existence. Indian men were not the type she would go for because she knew that all the indian men in her family were alcoholics, chronic smokers, aged badly, were abusive to their wives and were quite unattractive. All these qualities she saw in her father turned her off from Indian men. She liked the negro and mixed man and promised herself she would never end up with a man like her father. She strongly hated him growing up considering that she saw him pushing her mom down a flight of stairs causing her to lose her child and that he beat her mercilessly on several occasions. All the while, he emotionally and verbally abused everyone in the house. As far as he was concerned, he was the man, the head of the home and everything he said went.

Sarah knew that Samaroo ruined her entire life and someday he would pay for his wickedness.