Chapter Five

Four months later, Sheila was at the San Fernando General Hospital in the maternity ward experiencing contractions, when Anil noticed another guy was in the waiting room. This other guy, Thomas was a tall red neck who was a pilot waiting for when Sheila gave birth to see if the child was his. Five fours later, Sheila gave birth to a healthy baby boy. When she looked at him, she realized he resembled Thomas so she called the child Timothy. This devastated Anil just knowing that no woman has ever carried his child. Since he was out that day, he decided to go to his private doctor to run some tests. He remembered speaking to his friend, Davion, who had a friend whose wife had children but for different men. It turned out that the man was infertile which meant that he figured out his wife cheated on him. His wife's children were the closest semblance of a family he had so he stayed with her. Anil strongly believed he had no issue but still wanted to check in. He told the doctor his concerns of not being able to impregnate any women so the doctor ran some tests. Months later after Sarah's third child, Adrian, was born, Anil's tests results came back. It was determined that he had severe injuries to his testacles which caused his sperm count to be little to none. That meant the children in his house were not his. He realized Adrian resembled a negro guy he saw in the neighbourhood before. This depressed Anil knowing he could not father any children so he spent his salary in the casino and on alcohol to drown away his sorrows. He left no money for food or his family. Upon learning about Anil's destructive behaviour, Sarah borrowed money from the neighbour to buy food which she left at Erica's house so she and her children could survive. She knew she had to work and pay Erica to watch her children.

Two weeks later, Sarah was hired as a cleaner in a cleaning company to clean people's homes. Since she knew Anil was drunk at a bar most times, she could work. Every month she earned $4,000 for the next two years so she left the money at Erica's to care for her family. Erica proved she was trustworthy. Yohance realized Sarah had three children and the last one, Adrian was his so while Sarah was at work she stopped off by Erica to see his son and give $300 a month for Adrian. Sarah knew not of these dealings and neither did Anil. Erica used the money to buy clothes, and other items Adrian needed while he was with her. Yohance learnt that Sarah was married so he stayed away from the house to avoid any confrontation with Anil because he knew he would kill Anil in a fight.

After work, Sarah sometimes visited Yohance at his house bringing Adrian at times so he could see his son. The reseblance between Adrian and his son was uncanny.