Chapter Seven

Erica knocked on the door to check in on Sarah after she saw Anil storm out the house. When Sarah opened the door, Erica  saw tears running down her face and a strange lady sitting down in the kitchen and knew that it wasnt a good time. She wanted to speak to Sarah about Yohance visiting her but she held back. Instead she introduced herself to Rita and told Sarah that a huge fight broke out at the bar Anil went to where the police was called to further investigate. The fight involved Yohance and his brother who were fighting over a twelve acres of land their deceased father left for both of them. They were unable to come to an agreement as to what to do with the land knowing they both had different plans for it. As a result of drinking too much, they were involved in a bloody fight where Yohance's brother ended up in hospital with broken ribs. Yohance was arrested and taken in for questioning last night. Sarah then asked Erica who was Yohance's brother and the answer surprised her when she said Yosef. Hopefully, that wasn't the same man she knew a while back so she brushed it off. She couldnt help but think she knew Yosef who was Yohance's brother. The next day, she asked Erica where she think Yohance may have been. She went to the Pulty Prison where Yohance was being held until his court hearing. He was charged with assault and vandalism and had to appear in court for his sentencing. Yohance was pleasantly surprised to see Sarah come to visit him at jail. He was also embarassed as well for her to see him like that. Sarah wanted to find out more about Yosef since she wanted to know if his brother was the same man she knew of. Yohance told Sarah exactly where his brother can be found. Over the next few days, Anil was home  getting drunk, cursing Sarah and the children and throwing objects around the house. There was no way for Sarah to escape so she tried to appease him since she did not want Anil to hurt anyone. Later on, Sarah learnt that Anil was laid off from his job due to him drinking beer on the job. She knew that he was an alcoholic who needed help. He refused to talk about why he drank so much instead he cursed every time she mentioned it. She reminded him that he needed to get another job to provide for his family. This sent Anil straight out the door in a rage. He returned to the same bar and found it was closed so he went to the one two houses away. He realized that the bar was more spacious so sat down and  continued drinking more beers. He found a  light skinned Indian woman he could talk to named Hannah. She was the type of woman he  would want to sleep with but he was too drunk to have sex. He placed his hand over her hand, smiled and flirted. She saw Anil as the biggest joke since her ex boyfriend so she played along.  She knew that she would never have sex with such an ugly drunk fool. She kept calling for shots so that Anil would drink until he passed out and therefore have a huge bill he may not be able to afford. After many shots, Anil passed out on the floor. That was the cue for Hannah to leave Anil.