Chapter 3

Sofia's POV

I was still in my bath robe, pacing around the room to find any clue left behind from Khole.

Nothing. Nothing at all. All she left was that bloody note.

Suddenly another knock was heard from the outside. Luckily this time it is one of the castle's maids. "Yes, princess Sofia?" the maid asked. Finally someone.

"Have you seen a peculiar girl around the hallways?" I asked with my arms folded, still looking around the room. 

The maid stood petrified as she stare on to the bloody mirror behind me. "N-no, not at all." She stuttered, her eyes were still locked on to the mirror, not taking a glance away from it.

"About that, " I replied with my fingers running through my wet hair "Please bring me a bucket filled with water and a cloth please." 

Without any hesitation from the maid, she nod her head and turn around as quickly as possible. "Hold on," I called out to her, I noticed the maid started to panic when she slowly turn to face me with that pale face of hers. "Please, not a word to anyone about this."

Again, she nod her head and walk out as fast as she could. Soon later, she brought a bucket filled with water and a cloth back like I asked to. I thanked her as I grab a hold of the stuff from her hands.

"Princess Sofia, may I ask what happened?" the maid suddenly asked, still standing at the same position where she stood.

I thought for a moment, everyone in the castle is already aware that Khole had escaped and there's no harm in telling her. "Khole," I replied. The maid was in shocked. Right, none of them knew Khole's recent visits today. "She came by just now and I hope you would keep it a secret from the King and especially the Queen."

"But princess, you are in danger. I suggest you to tell the King immediately." The maid suggested with soft trembles which can be heard. I know everyone here is afraid, no one knows what happened to her nor who she contacted during the past few months. She might even take someone as a hostage if she decides to go that far.

I placed the cloth inside the bloody red water then turned towards the maid "Thank you for your suggestion. But," I smiled politely  "this is me against her, I don't want to put any of you in danger. I promise everyone of you would be safe." 

The maid did not ask more questions. She went ahead and grab the bloody bucket of water "I'll go and get a new bucket of water." she said before leaving the room.

No matter how, I have to save my family and the people. It's me who she is coming for, for everything that happened. This would be the end of everything, if I succeed in defeating her. Still, I wish Hugo could have supported me. 

Walking along the recognizable hallway, I came to my locker and placed my bag inside. Every kingdom came to an agreement to be on alert for Khole and the mysterious person at yesterday's conference between kingdoms. Today, the atmosphere surrounding EverRealm Academy was dead and serious. 

Castle's knights could be seen lining up around the school's gate. Of course, parents would be afraid if something unimaginable happened to their kids, better be safe than sorry. Luckily students at EverRealm are able to still be their carefree self as before.

"Sofia, I need to talk to you." Miles's voice echoed through my ear. I turned to face Miles waiting for him to continue. " I need to know something about Khole." I've already had my guesses on what he might ask.

"Did she 'visit' you recently?" There it is, the question. 

"She went to your place too?" I asked even though I am 100 percent sure that she had visited him too.

Miles nodded his head in response, "I'll take that as a yes from you too then. It's not a surprise for her to visit the cousin who betrayed her. " Looking at Miles, I suddenly remembered about the video we took yesterday. Only to realize that the camera is with Amber. 

"Miles, could you find me during lunch?" I asked, closing the door to my locker behind me. "I have something very important to show you." 

Miles did not hesitate to agree. This might be a step closer to finding out who is the person behind the cloak.

During lunch, I took the camera from Amber then only went to meet Miles. We took a sit next to the school's wishing fountain as I pulled out the camera, beginning to search for the clip.

"Here it is." I said, passing the camera to Miles "Do you have a clue who this person might be?" I asked pointing towards the person in cloak.

Miles took a good few seconds look of the person dressed in cloak and instead of receiving more information, Miles shook his head "I'm sorry Sofia, I'm afraid I don't know who this person might be." 

"What if I asked you in this way? Do you know any friends of Khole? Or the people she mixed around before." I asked, still having just a little tiny bit of hope to gain information about Khole.

Miles thought for awhile before replying "There is a group of friends she hungs out with since we were kids. I always thought of them as bad influence."

"I see, " I said, nodding my head lightly. Yes! A lead, even if it's not much but I'll try to gain as much from him. "What are their names then?" I added.

"If I remember correctly, one of them is called Addison and the other would be called Estella." he replied "Both of them are also in Corinthians Sports School."

I nodded my head in response, maybe I should pay them a visit tomorrow. There's none other suitable time to visit them except tomorrow. The faster, the better.

"I'm going down to Corinthians Sports School tomorrow, help me to give the teachers an excuse?" I asked. As I wait for Miles reply, he gave me a nod in agreement. When I thought he would help me without anything in return, he suddenly said something.  There's always a catch.

"I'll give the teacher an excuse but you have to take me with you too." said Miles "I believe I would be useful to you for finding her friends, since I know how they look like."

That was his catch in to helping me.