Chapter 9

Sofia's POV

The back of my head goes numb due to the hard fall. My hand gently touches my head, feeling the painful part. The vision of my eyes are fuzzy and blurry. However, I could see a huge figure standing in front of me. No one would know how fast my heart race when I finally remembered what happened.

Oh shit.

My hand carefully slithers down my waist, searching for the handle of my sword. To my horror, I could not feel the cold metal anywhere. A rush of adrenaline overflows my body, forcing myself to picture every possible negative outcome that might happen to me in a few seconds. 

I might be slaughter in just one second. He might stab me right through the heart. He could even stab my throat, just to let me suffer a bit longer before I die. There is also a possibility that I would be spelled and commit suicide under their command.

I don't want to die, I want to survive, and I have to. 

As seconds past, my vision slowly return back to normal. I take a quick glance around the room, trying to grasp the situation I'm in right now. My gaze lock onto an unarmed Hugo, who was trying his best to prevent Khole from getting closer to him.  

"She's all yours!" Alfred voice echoes through the tiny cottage following with his laughter. Who I believe he is speaking to Hugo.

I could distantly feel my heart pounding with every second, as if it is tearing my chest apart. A cold shiver runs down my spine as a huge wave of uneasiness washes over me, causing cold sweat to fall from my forehead. 

"Oh," Alfred says in a surprise tone. "You're awake, you were knocked out not long ago. 2 minutes ago, I think?" 

Khole lets out a sinister laugh, draping her arm over Hugo's shoulders with her cheeks pressing close to his face. My attention is quickly drawn to the sharp pointed knife right below Hugo's throat.

We are at a low advantage here. If only I could try to turn the tables around. 

"To think that I can just end you right away, " Alfred continues, placing a feet above my body as he slowly lowers his body, putting on his weight above me, making me groan in pain "If only you could just let it be. If only you could just be happy with that boy over there and not bother coming over, you will still be able to see tomorrow's sun."

Alfred slowly removes his feet away from my body. "Or maybe I could just let you off, " he said caressing my cheeks with a long pointed knife as he wave his wand lazily. "I am not that naive to let you go, especially when you are actually indeed a smart girl."

He swiftly swings his sword towards my cheeks, drawing the first few drops of crimson liquid. The cut starts to sting my cheeks. "My my..." Alfred hold his blade close to his eyes admiring the blood dripping down from the sharpest point. 

I lay my vision back onto Hugo, scanning the room for objects that could be a good of use to turn the situation around. Soon, I catch Hugo staring at me sternly and his gaze shifted downwards. Following his gaze, he slowly drop a green bottle which perfectly lies beside his feet. 

Jackpot! A stunt grenade. With a quick nod from Hugo, I understood the plan instantly. The element of surprise is crucial which could buy us at least 5 seconds to get out from this cottage.

Alfred being careful as ever "Don't try anything funny with us. Both of your lifes are in our hands! " Alfred warned, probably heard the sound of the falling object while pointing his wand right under my chin. My neck is forced to pull further back to the extend, as if that could help me to avoid getting kill.

"I'm sorry, but," I gave him a smirk, trying my best to look intimidating while knowing well of the terror within. "I won't die in your hands tonight, but you will."

A loud shout from Hugo pierced across the cottage as he kick the stunt grenade towards me "Sofia!"  I grab the grenade without missing a beat, quickly twisting off the pin, giving one last smirk before throwing the stunt grenade away.

I quickly cover my eyes with my hand, looking away from the blinding direction. There was a high pitch scream follow by another furious scream "You bastard!".  I quickly got up from the floor, swiftly picking up my weapons from the floor then run towards the door. 

"Aah," I hiss through clenched teeth, rubbing the injured chin. Alfred must have graze his sharp wand under my chin due to the sudden shocked from the stunt grenade. Smearing the blood with the back of my hand, the cottage suddenly blow up right in front of us.

Hugo raise his hands in the air, setting off the signal flare up in to the sky. My hand grabbing the sword tightly, running towards Hugo, blocking him from the attack ahead. "Get your hands away from him." I command, my eyes landing on Khole who is charging towards us vigorously. I swiftly change the direction of the sword towards her knee, drawing a long red line, preventing her from moving further.

As our blades clashes with each other, I notice something different with Khole for that brief moment. She appears confuse within her eyes, however her body moves quickly with ferocity. "Hugo, my amulet is with Alfred, it's hanging around his neck!" 

He understands what has to be carried out and left the battlefield of ours. "Get back here!" shouted Khole, swinging her sword towards me. I push my way toughly towards her, backing her to get her knees onto the ground. Khole is strong, which makes both of us not moving anywhere from our stances.

I can't just be defending myself anymore, I have to at least make her drop onto the ground or stunt her from moving. But before going in hastily with my plan, I also consider about the consequences of her having the upper hand before I could strike. 

A sharp blade pull away from my stomach, making me groan in pain. "Shit!" I yelled, stabbing my sword into the ground while holding the side of my stomach tightly. Blood  slowly flows down from my palm of my hand, leaving my palm like a bloody murderer. I gaze up meeting the eyes of Khole, she stood still, terror crawling all over her face. What's wrong with her? She could have strike me a few more times here but she is not moving at all.

I push myself to stand straight, ignoring the awfully annoying pain, getting back into stances with with the sword tightly held. I run towards a still Khole, swinging my sword towards her arm, leaving a deep cut. Fresh red liquid slowly flows down from her right arm, while her left hand raises to feel the wound. 

Her grip around her sword loosen, allowing the sword to drop onto the ground. Instead of retreating, she comes charging towards me, hands spreading out, obviously desire of strangling me. I dodge her incoming attack as I quickly turn around to kick her by the side, pinning her down towards the ground harshly. 

Her hair were all frizzed up by the the fights between us. Her smile is psychotic as ever, just like the one she showed me that night. Yet again, her eyes are giving me a different message. A message of help. Is she asking for help?

 "Are you in there Khole? The real you."

(A/N: I know I don't leave much note down here. But here am I writing this to apologise for the long wait of this chapter. I did not have the time to write since I started college, even if I do, I was lazy and was fighting with procrastination too. I deeply apologies for the long wait. I'll try my best to update as frequently. However, ILYTN2 is already coming to an end. Thank you to those who stick out until this chapter, I really appreciate. Thank you.)