Chapter 4

Sofia's POV

"So where shall we start looking for them?" I asked. Here we are, standing in front of the gate's of Corinthians Sports School. We may or may not find something new from Khole's friends but hopefully we will.

We step foot inside Corinthians Sports School, looking at a huge map built right beside the school's gate. The map show us every little corner of the school's grounds and they even provide map brochures to make it easier for outsiders. Even if we visited Corinthians Sports School before, it is not easy to memorise every paths and lanes of the school.

We took a brochure and make our way inside the school. I could sense alertness from the students of Corinthians Sports School towards us. It's not obvious from the way they act, but anyone who passes by could feel they are being watched by multiple.

Apart from us, no one saw Khole after her escape. None of them know what form she could take in. She could still be her original self or she could take a form of someone else. What the people knew were, she is not alone and she is not who she is anymore.

"What's your purpose here?" a student asked, possibly a head prefect from the way he dressed. With that special name tag and a special tie making him different from the rest.

"Sorry to be a bother," Miles replied with a smile "But we are here to find someone. " the prefect look at us from top to bottom, checking us thoroughly before letting us off. "Their security system is definitely higher than ours."

As we walk along the hallway, only do I realised there are new security devices installed on to the walls of the school. Especially outsiders like us, they will be using those to keep an close eye on us.

"There they are." muttered Miles, as he walked towards them with a fast pace. Two girls around the same height as Khole, a blonde and silver hair girl stood there in shock when the saw Miles standing in front of them.

"Miles, what are you doing here?" asked the blonde girl, tucking her hair behind her ears. Her gaze on Miles weren't pleasant at all, cold stares were send from her to him. Miles did not care the fact both girls  were irritated by his presence but still block their way to class.

" I see you brought a girl with you too," said the silver haired girl "I believe you are Sofia." she gave me a smile, I couldn't tell if that smile is a genuine one. 

"We are here to ask both of you something," Miles cut to the chase, without replying to any of their questions. "Is there anything, or something that you told Khole?" this question left the girls in confusion. I wouldn't deny their confusion, the question Miles asked was a bit confusing.

"Pardon?" the silver haired girl replied "What are you even asking?"

"Let me do the talking," I said, pushing Miles to the side. Miles nodded his head understandingly as he move two steps away from me. "Do any of you recall anything Khole said? Or her strange behavior in the past?" I gave them a tiny smile. Hopefully they would have some answers for me.

While waiting for their reply, my eyes spotted Hugo with his friends way behind these girls. My heart started to feel a bit sour from the fight we had, but I can't bring myself to say sorry. I am still determined to defeat Khole alone with or without his help because I do not want to let anyone  be in danger. 

Suddenly our eyes met. I really wish I could walk to him right now, I really want to have a chat with him but my inner self or could be even called as my inner pride couldn't let go of the situation earlier.

I couldn't bare to look at him any longer that I return my attention back onto Khole's friends. The girl in blonde, still irritated as she rolled her eyes and said "Like we know." Rude much. "Now if you could excuse us," she then grabbed a hold of her friend's arm while making a shooing gesture with another hand.