Chapter 7

Sofia's POV

After Khole left my room, no matter how afraid I am, I open the doors of my room dashing into Amber's room. Her room is the closet to mine, it's the quickest way to find help. I slam her door behind me, making Amber sit up in horror. 

"Who's there!" Amber shouts from her bed. I could spot her shadow moves when she lift her covers up, covering them above her body.

"It's me, Sofia." How can I possibly sleep after what happened in my room. I slowly walk towards her and turn on her night lamp, placing my weight on her bed. After hearing my voice, Amber slowly push her covers aside, giving me a loud groan as she flop back onto her bed.

"What is it?" she ask, not even bothering to look in my direction. After all, I did disturb her in the middle of the night. "It's the middle of the night, what do you-?"

I did not wait for her to finish her sentence. Who knows what might happen if I waste more time. "Khole was here. She was in my room." Amber sits up immediately  with a shock expression plaster all over her face.

"Are you hurt? Where is she now?" Amber starts to inspect my face and my hands for bruises. Confirming that I am fine, she stand up and put on her robe. "We have to tell daddy. Don't just sit there!"

We hurriedly make our way down the hallways, my grip tightens on my wooden sword in my palm. "She disappeared, I don't know where she went." I explain to Amber,  

Amber's pace fasten with every step she takes with me tailing behind her. The walk to our parents' room felt like an eternity and this isn't the best time to have our rooms with such distance. To our reassurance, there are castle guards patrolling within the castle. Once we reach one of the grand staircases of the castle, Amber call up to one of the guards.

"Your majesties, what are Your Royal Highnesses doing this late at night?" a female guard ask respectfully with a bow. Her long brown hair were tied neatly in a high ponytail and when her gaze meets ours, her eyes sparkled beautifully under the moonlight. 

"Maliha, please send all guards on duty to search for Khole. She had entered the castle and had already disappeared. Send more guards to protect my family, immediately." Amber command, her voice strong and determine. It's a reminder that she is our future Queen of Enchancia.

Maliha understood the situation then she bow respectfully and swiftly pass down the new orders from the crown princess, dispatching them to their new duty. She make sure that the message are  clear and concise. That once quiet corridor, is now fill with footsteps of the guards walking around hastily.

Before we proceed our journey towards our parents' room, I abruptly stop Amber by gripping her arm. "Amber, I need your help to relay this message to Mom and Dad." I say, slowly releasing her hand from my grip

Amber turn around, her eyes meets mine with determination " You could tell them yourself later." She states firmly. Then taking a step forward towards our parents' room. 

The reason I stopped her was because I suddenly remembered about Hugo. I have to find Hugo. Khole could be anywhere, she could even be in Hugo's palace. I'm worried about him. "Hugo might be in trouble, I have to go to him." I reply. It doesn't matter what Amber's answers are going to be, I would go to Hugo's anyway.

"Hugo can protect himself. Besides if he needs help he has his guards." Amber says, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the direction we were suppose to go. Amber is persistent on not letting me go, but I have to go. "And it's dangerous out there, Khole is unpredictable." she adds.

"I'm sorry." I mutter, pushing her grip off my hand and setting it free. Amber's voice calls out to me but I keep running down the stairs, heedless of her frustration and anger. I'm willing to face the aftermath, rather than regretting if something bad happens to Hugo.