CHAPTER 03

"I want to meet him," I insisted

"Are you out of your mind? You can't meet him!" he yelled again.

"And why is that?"

"What's going on here?" Rishi barged into his study room.

"Hey Ri," I said hugging him.

"What's up, Lee!" Rishi replied enthusiastically, hugging me back.

We broke the hug.

"Nothing, just your dear father here wants to exchange me to some mafia boss in return for the money he can't pay," I said, as if it were the most common thing in the world to get sold.

"He did what now?!" Rishi shouted unbelievably.

"Yeah, he can't pay 10 million so he decided to exchange me, so he won't have to pay that money," I explained.

"It was him who offered this deal," Uncle said, justifying himself.

"And can I ask, what did you do with that money? Because as far as I know, you don't have any expenses for the house as well as Tanisha's study. So, what did you do with that money?" Rishi asked calmly, although he looked like he was about to burst from anger.

"That's not the way you talk to your father, Rishi!" Uncle Hardik yelled.

The audacity of this man!

"That's exactly the way to talk to the man who is selling his niece for money!" Rishi retorted.

"I am not selling her!" Uncle defended.

"That's exactly what you are doing, Dad," Rishi argued.

"Ri, please calm down. I want to meet him, and I will do what I have to do," I tried to calm him.

"You can't meet him, Lee. It is dangerous," Ri said worriedly.

"Dad, I'm asking you the last time. Where did you use that much money?" Rishi asked again.

"I used it in games and drinks," he shamelessly admitted.

I can't believe him! He wasted 10 freaking million in gambling and drinking!

"Are you for real, Dad?"

Suddenly, my phone rang, grabbing our attention. I looked at the caller ID and smiled, answering the call.

"Hey Ry, just give me a minute," I said as soon as I answered the call and muted it. Turning towards my Uncle, I said,

"Do whatever you want, but I want to meet him by tomorrow itself, or else I'm running from here, and you can go to hell for all I care!"

"Excuse me, Ri. I'll be back soon," I said, showing him my phone that I have a call to attend. He nodded in understanding.

I went to Tanisha's room where I stay whenever I come over. As I entered inside, the first thing I did was lock the door, but unfortunately, Tanisha was there, studying. She gave me a confused look. I ignored her and went towards the balcony in her room, showing her the phone in my hand. She gave me a knowing look and a teasing smile. I smiled back and closed the door of the balcony, as I didn't want to disturb her.