CHAPTER 06

This man is completely out of his mind

This man is completely out of his mind. Shivaleeka thought.

As they exited the cafe, Shivaleeka's gaze fell on one of Alexander's guards, who looked Indian. Suspiciously eyeing him, she took steps towards him.

"You look Indian." she said, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Yes, Queen." he replied, bowing his head. His deference made her uncomfortable, as she didn't enjoy the attention.

"I am not your Queen," she firmly corrected him.

"Aap aise ghatiya insaan ke liye kyu kaam kar rahe hai?" she asked him in Hindi, aware of her boundaries.

(Why are you working for such a disgusting person?)

"Aap jaisa soch rahi hai waisa nahi hai, Rani Sa. Yeh bohot hi acche insaan hai." the guard replied. Shivaleeka scoffed at his response.

(He is not like what you think, Queen. He is a very good person.)

"Of course, you work for him." Shivaleeka rolled her eyes at him.

Alexander observed their interaction with a clenched jaw. He approached them, and Shivaleeka tensed upon feeling his presence behind her. His mere presence made her breath hitch, and she could feel his warmth and dominating aura.

"Is there any problem, Ms. Singhania?" Alexander asked in his usual cold tone, sending shivers down her spine.

"Not at all, Mr. Knight," she replied, offering him a fake smile.

Alexander gave her a blank look, his cold eyes demanding an answer. Shivaleeka, being a stubborn and sassy individual, turned her face, giving him the cold shoulder. He glanced at his guard, Veer, who gulped under his boss's intense gaze.

"Boss, the queen was just asking why I'm working for you." Veer answered the unasked question from his boss in a professional manner. Alexander gave him a curt nod.

"I'll take my leave, Mr. Knight," Shivaleeka broke the tense atmosphere. 

"Where do you think you're going, Mrs. Knight?" Alexander asked with a dangerous smirk on his face. "You are not going anywhere," he huskily whispered in her ear, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her dangerously close to him, stirring emotions within her that she had never felt before.

Shivaleeka tried to hide her blush and pushed Alexander away, but he was too strong. Still wrapped in his arms, she snapped at him, "Don't call me Mrs. Knight."

They realized that people around them had started to watch, that made her still but Alexander Couldn't care less "You will move to Italy with me. The wedding is in a few days, and I want everything to be perfect." he said in monotonously.

Her chain of thoughts was interrupted when she heard Veer's voice, "Boss, be careful."

As a cue, Alexander harshly pulled her more closer and firmly pressed her head against his toned chest, hiding her in his arms. Alexander pulled a gun from Veer's waistband, as he was the nearest, and shot one of his guards who was aiming at Shivaleeka, ready to shoot her. But before he could do anything, Alexander shot him.