CHAPTER 16

FROM HERE STORY WILL BE IN FLASHBACK 

There are more views but votes are very less it disappoints me and I need little bit approval and encouragement to write more chapters, your votes and comments encourages me to write so please do vote and comment!

I remember the day I met him, Lorenzo Mariano, my brother

I remember the day I met him, Lorenzo Mariano, my brother. It was a day cloaked in shadows, a day when the world seemed to hold its breath in anticipation of some unseen tragedy. It was a dreadful day, a day filled with pain and heartache. But it was also the day that brought Mariano's into my life, the day that changed everything for the better.

Flashback...

I was wandering the streets late at night, feeling restless and unable to find solace within the confines of my apartment. As I walked, the city streets stretched out before me, illuminated only by the soft glow of streetlights casting long shadows across the pavement.

Eventually, my aimless wandering led me to a deserted alleyway, hidden away from the bustle of the main thoroughfares. The darkness seemed to swallow me whole as I stepped into the narrow passage, the only sound the echo of my footsteps against the concrete. 

As I continued to walk, the darkness enveloped me like a blanket, wrapping me in its embrace. But instead of feeling afraid, I felt a strange sense of peace wash over me, as if the shadows themselves were offering me sanctuary from the outside world. 

The sudden sound of a gunshot shattered the silence of the night, jolting me out of my reverie. My heart skipped a beat as the noise echoed through the alley, reverberating off the walls with a deafening intensity.

Instinctively, I froze in place, my senses on high alert as adrenaline surged through my veins. My mind raced with fear and uncertainty, unable to comprehend what had just transpired in the darkness.

For a moment, everything seemed to stand still as I strained to listen for any sign of danger. But the alley remained eerily silent, the only sound the pounding of my own heart in my ears.

With cautious steps, I approached the source of the gunshot, my heart pounding in my chest with each passing moment. The darkness seemed to swallow me whole as I ventured deeper into the alley, my senses heightened and every nerve on edge.

As I neared the spot where the sound had originated, I braced myself for what I might find. Images of violence and danger flashed through my mind, filling me with a sense of dread and trepidation.

But as I rounded the corner, my breath caught in my throat at the sight before me. There, lying on the ground, was a figure crumpled in a pool of darkness, their form barely visible in the dim light.

My initial instinct was to flee, to turn and run as fast as my legs could carry me. But something compelled me to stay, to approach the fallen figure and offer aid, despite the uncertainty and fear that gripped me.