CHAPTER 10

She knew this was just the beginning of a complex journey

The forced marriage had tied her to a man of enigma and danger, a man whose life was a labyrinth of power, secrets, and shadows. Yet, she was not one to simply succumb to fate. A spark of defiance remained ignited within her.

As she lay in the dim light of her new room, she contemplated her next moves. There were layers to Alexander, and she was determined to peel them back, one by one. She needed to uncover the truth behind her uncle's involvement with this man, the darkness that seemed to linger around him.

But she also acknowledged the need for caution. Alexander was no ordinary opponent. He was a wolf in sheep's clothing, a man whose intelligence matched his ruthlessness. A direct confrontation could be perilous.

In this chess game of power and survival, she needed allies. Trusted confidantes who could help her navigate this perilous journey. And so, she decided to reach out to Tanisha, her cousin, a woman who had already proven her loyalty and understanding.

As she sent a text to Tanisha, detailing her thoughts and fears, Shivaleeka felt a fleeting moment of solace. There was a glimmer of hope in the darkness, a sense that she was not entirely alone in this path she had been forced onto.

The reply came swiftly, filled with reassurance and determination. Tanisha vowed to stand by her, to help her unravel the enigma that was Alexander Knight. It was a small victory, a ray of light in the looming shadows.

As sleep was about to consume her, she got a call. She sighed, looking at the caller ID. He wouldn't let go of her easily. With a deep breath, she answered, her voice firm and resolute.

"Hello," she said, bracing herself for the conversation she knew would come.

"Principessa." his voice, like a haunting melody, flowed through the phone, stirring up a storm of memories and emotions.

(Princess)

"I thought I made it clear," she replied, her voice tinged with a mix of exasperation and sadness.

"I know," he admitted, his tone carrying a burden of regret. "But I had to hear your voice."

Silence hung between them, heavy with unspoken words and unresolved feelings. "I have to go," she finally said, her voice faltering.

"Wait," he pleaded, desperation seeping into his words. "I... I miss you."

She closed her eyes, battling the surge of emotions within her. It was a war she had fought many times, a war she had to win for her own sanity.

"I miss you too," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "But we can't change what's done."

"Per favore, ritorna, la vita sembra incompleta senza di te. Ti amo tanto," he pleaded softly in Italian.