CHAPTER 05

"Boss, the queen wishes to meet you

"Boss, the queen wishes to meet you."

Well, I was not expecting that. I knew we'd meet but this soon was not expected. I nodded my head and told Alfred to inform her that she could meet me at L'amore di Rosa cafe. I already had her number and her information from my investigator but I didn't want to text her just yet. Getting her information was quite difficult as if it was protected by someone and the strangest thing was her information had been kept very confidential for the past year. We are still digging into it, how can someone's personal information get so secured suddenly?

Soon, I reached L'amore di Rosa, my mother's café, a place that always gave me a sense of solace. As I stepped inside, the familiar aroma of freshly brewed coffee embraced me, offering a momentary respite from the chaos that consumed my world. However, it was not the café itself that provided solace this time—it was her.

In that moment, as the entrance door swung open, a figure entered, commanding the attention of everyone present. The air crackled with an energy that sent a shiver down my spine. There she stood, like a beacon of light in the darkness, capturing the essence of beauty and danger in perfect harmony Certainly! 

Dressed in an alluring black gown that clung to her curves, she exuded a confidence that was palpable. Her eyes, a mesmerizing shade of amber-brown, locked onto mine, capturing my attention and holding it captive. It was as if the chaos of the world faded away, leaving only the two of us in that moment.

Time seemed to stand still as she approached, her every step deliberate and graceful. It was as if the universe had conspired to bring us together, drawing us inexorably closer. As our eyes remained locked, a silent understanding passed between us—a recognition of something unspoken, yet undeniable. 

In that instant, I felt a strange calmness wash over me. The weight of my dangerous life, the constant battles I fought, momentarily lifted as I gazed at her. She became the oasis in a desert of chaos, a respite from the storm that raged within me.

I stood up, maintaining firm and continuous eye contact. She approached me with slow steps, seemingly hypnotized by our gaze.

"Ms. Singhania." I said, extending my hand for a handshake, which she arrogantly ignored, opting instead to join her palms in a small "Namaste." an Indian form of greeting. This disregard made me clench my fist before retracting it. No one had ever disrespected me like she did. And if that wasn't enough, her next action made me grind my teeth.

"Please have a seat, Mr. Knight. I don't have all day for this," she stated, taking a seat in front of me.

Amused, I looked at her and took a seat, crossing my right ankle over my left knee and resting my arms against the armrest.

"I don't think you know me well with the attitude you're displaying, Mrs. Knight." I teased her.

"I know perfectly who you are and what you do for a living. But let me make one thing clear; I'm not scared of you, Mr. Knight, and lastly, I'm not Mrs. Knight. It's Ms. Singhania for you." she replied in a professional tone.