CHAPTER 15

"Dad," Shivaleeka whispered, feeling the familiar warmth of Vincenzo Mariano as he enveloped her in his arms

"Do you even have the slightest idea how much we missed you, Principessa?" he said as he kissed her forehead.

Vincenzo's embrace was comforting, wrapping Shivaleeka in a sense of familiarity and belonging that she had longed for. As she leaned into him, she felt a flood of emotions washing over her - relief, gratitude, and an overwhelming sense of homecoming. For a moment, everything else faded away as she savored the warmth of her Dad's presence.

"I know dad I missed you so much." She said tears escaping her eyes.

Vincenzo held her tighter, his own eyes glistening with unshed tears. "I missed you too, Principessa," he murmured, his voice thick with emotion. "But you're here now, and that's all that matters." He gently brushed away her tears, his touch a soothing balm to her weary soul.

Shivaleeka nodded, taking comfort in her Dad's embrace. Despite the trials she had faced, she felt a sense of peace wash over her in his presence. It was a reminder of the love and support that surrounded her, even in her darkest moments.

Lorenzo Mariano voice cut through the moment, pulling her away from her father's embrace. She turned to face him, her eyes meeting his with a mixture of surprise and relief. "What are you doing here, princess? I just saw you at the gala. Did that asshole do something?" he asked, his concern evident in his tone.

Shivaleeka replied, her voice barely above a whisper. "It's nothing, Bhai," she insisted, trying to reassure him while avoiding the truth of her troubles with Alexander.

(Brother)

Vincenzo's brows furrowed with concern as he studied his sister's troubled expression. "Are you sure, Shiv? You seem upset," he remarked, his tone filled with brotherly concern.

His voice was laced anger as he gently wiped away a stray tear from Shivaleeka's cheek. "Have you been crying? I will not leave that bastard," he vowed, his protective instincts kicking into high gear as he pulled his gun out ready to end the person who made his precious sister cry.

"Bhai, stop. It's nothing," Shivaleeka said, firmly gripping her brother's wrist to prevent him from taking any hasty action.

"Why are you even defending that bastard? I know he did something. I will not let him get away with it!" he roared, his fists clenched in anger.

"Bhai, stop! He is your king. Do you want to create war among ourselves?" Shivaleeka pleaded, trying to reason with her brother, her voice tinged with urgency.

"I don't care if he's a king or not. He hurt my sister, and he will face the consequences," he retorted, his protective instincts flaring up, his eyes flashing with fierce determination.

Shivaleeka could see the fire in her brother's eyes, his protective instincts kicking in full force. She knew that arguing further would only escalate the situation.