CHAPTER 12

Maybe Tanisha is right, I should give it a chance

As I retired to 'our' room, exhaustion from the day's events settled in. The realization hit me like a gentle wave as the day's festivities came to an end. It surprised me just how much effort Alexander had put into making the day special for me.

I had been so quick to judge, to resist, that I had failed to recognize the sincerity in his actions. He had gone out of his way to bridge the gap between us, to understand and embrace my world, and I had ignored those efforts.

Lost in my thoughts, I laid on my side of the bed, contemplating the complexities of the situation. The door creaked open, and Alexander entered the room, his upper half bare. I felt my throat tighten, and a subtle heat crept up my cheeks as my gaze involuntarily lingered on him. His physique was a sculpted masterpiece, his shoulders were broad and commanding, creating a strong foundation for the rest of his body. The journey down revealed a set of eight-pack abs, forming a distinct V-line that drew the eyes towards his lower abdomen. My gaze couldn't help but linger on the captivating allure of his muscular body.

"Done checking me out, Little Tigress?" he asked, moving towards me, his tall frame hovering over me.

With a playful glint in my eyes, I shot back, "I would rather check out pineapple pizza than checking you out."

"Well, darling, pineapple pizza won't taste as good as I taste," he replied with an arrogant smirk playing on his lips.

"Too full of yourself, aren't you, Mr. Knight?" I asked, leaning back against the headboard as he continued to hover over me.

"You can try yourself, if you don't believe me," he whispered in my ear, his warm breath sending a shiver down my spine. He kissed below my ear and gently nibbled on my earlobe, causing a subtle reaction that made me clench my thighs involuntarily.

"You love the things I do with you, Darling, don't you?" he murmured, his hand sliding sensually inside my T-shirt. He trailed soft kisses from my jaw to my neck sucking it, and his fingertips gently rubbed my waist, making hard for me to breath.

"I need an answer, little tigress," he insisted, harshly biting my neck and sucking on the same spot. A startled "Yes" escaped my throat, accompanied by an unknown moan that seemed to slip out unintentionally and my hands, exploring from his naked back to his hair, caressing it and pulled him closer to myself. 

"Fuck, little tigress, you make me lose all the self-control I have," he groaned, his voice a husky whisper against my neck. With one last lingering kiss on the corner of my lips, he laid back on his side as if he was not sucking my neck like hungry vampire. The room hung heavy with a mix of desire and a growing intimacy, the unspoken tension between us escalating with each passing moment.

I stared at him in disbelief. "Mr. Knight—"

He cut me off with a firm request, "Please don't start, Mrs. Knight." Turning towards me, he continued, "I know you have been forced into this, but trust me, I have no ill intentions towards you. Please give me a chance. Give us a chance." His voice, a smooth melody, whispered sincerity.