2.1

———

It had been only four hours since the incident, Andrea sat heartbroken in the back of Dales truck, still mourning the brutal death of her younger sister.

Aria rode in a truck with her father and brother Carl, with Carol, Ed and Sophia in the back as the rest all had their separate vehicles, all following behind Rick's lead.

Rick had taken the role of the leader in the group, it finally felt complete now with him there, the group were on there way to fort benning, Atlanta was done.

Their car slowed causing the cars behind to slow in response, roadblock, cars just abandoned on the highway at the very beginning of the apocalypse.

"Jesus" Carol mumbled from the back of the truck.

Suddenly the RV engine began to smoke, Dale soon hopped out, propping the hood open.

"Don't suppose we could find a radiator hose here?" he wondered

"There's a whole bunch of stuff we could find" Daryl added, already raiding vehicles.

"We could siphon more fuel from these cars for a start" T-dog spoke, close behind.

Getting out their hijacked truck and slamming the door behind him, Rick made an announcement to the group "Let's stop here for a bit, get some supplies" he said, looking to where all the half open vans were, stacked with supplies.

"This is a graveyard, I don't know how i feel about this" Lori spoke panicked, to her husband.

"Come on yall, just look around gather what you can, I see a water crate over there, come on Carl, come help me" Shane added, beginning to walk over placing a hand on Carl's shoulder pushing him gently forward, earning a glare from rick as he did.

"I'll look for some first aid kits and whatnot" Carol added, as Lori nodded along.

The two brothers, Daryl and Merle went off their own way, looking for fuel and car bits etc, not bothering to announce it to the group like the few before them.

"We'll just be over here" Dale spoke nodding to Andrea who was sitting distraught on the roof of the RV, before getting a sincere look back from rick.

Glenn and T-dog walked off, rifling through the cars as they went, making sure to stick close to the group, before heading back to Dale to fix up the RV.

"You alright?" Rick said, as Aria and him walked up the highway, keeping their distance from the others.

"Hm?" she hummed, confused about his concern.

"I'm not a bad father you know..." he paused, suddenly stopping urging Aria to stop with him "I have noticed the things Ed does, the way he looks at you" Rick said, gritting his teeth "I just want you to know—"

Aria interrupted him, knowing him worrying about her constantly would get him killed, in this world it's every person for themselves "The weak go first, I'm not weak he is"

"Right, just talk to me, if he you know-"

Aria didn't even let him get the words out of his mouth, she didn't want him to, she didn't want to have to think about that, she didn't want him to have to think about that.