5.1

———

It was the next evening. Aria had been avoiding the shed for the whole day, getting updates from Rick and Shane from what they were going to do.

"We've decided, we're gonna kill him, tonight" Dale raised his head about to speak up in protest before Rick spoke again "We have to"

Aria just kept her head down, eating the bread on her plate. Daryl looked at her fiddling with her hands, he couldn't work out what happened when she snuck out, no one could but he would find out.

"This is not human, we are no longer human" Dale yelled standing up filled with rage, before picking up his rifle and walking out, everyone assumed out to the RV.

"Someone should check on him" Aria spoke softly.

"He just needs a minute" Andrea said sighing, putting her head in her hands.

A few members of the group emigrated to their vehicles collecting whatever it was they needed before heading inside for the night.

Only minutes passed before there was an agonising scream from outside, in the fields.

"What was that?" Aria stood up from the porch.

"Where's dale?" Lori added, standing up.

Daryl, Rick, Shane and Glenn immediately took off running towards the fields, the rest of the group shortly behind them.

In front of them was a sight they thought they would never see. Dale was on the floor, being overpowered by a walker, his stomach and organs were spewed out on the grass around him.

Light groans were heard from beneath the walker. Shooting it in the head with his rifle as he ran, Rick knelt down by Dales head.

"Just- put-" he stuttered, trying to find a way to save Dale, there was no way, he had lost too much blood, his insides were quite literally in his hands.

"Hershel- Hershel..." Rick looked up at him for help, but he just shook his head. The whole group was stood round him at this point, everyone knew what they had to do.

"Dale..." Andrea whispered, he nodded before squeezing onto her hand softly "It's okay" she whimpered.

Rick raised his gun to his forehead, making direct eye contact with Dale. His hand shaking as he held it there for longer. Eventually Daryl took the gun out his hands, nodding to rick and then...

Bang

———

What a shitty night was the only thought that was constantly in Aria's head, how could this get any worse, it couldn't, or atleast that's what she thought.

Waking up once again, instead of leaving her room she gazed out the window for a while, nothing was happening, the world was silent. She couldn't help but keep bringing her focus back on the shed.

Aria heard quiet footsteps outside the door, almost silent listening to follow them down the stairs and she presumed into the kitchen, however she was wrong. As he focus returned on the window she saw Shane outside, walking towards the shed, he unlocked it quickly looking around at his surroundings whilst he did, causing Aria to quickly duck beneath the windowsill. She peeked up, seeing Shane manhandling Randall, dragging him out the Shed and out into the woods.