12.1

———

By now, Night had come. Whilst everyone peacefully slept, Aria couldn't help but think about what she did only a couple hours earlier.

The worse thing about relapsing was the guilt after. Not doing it for so long, then finally giving it, finally releasing all the emotions she had bottled up for so long.

Thousand of thoughts repeated through her head, her father still wasn't back yet, but the one that constantly replayed was her and Nicks conversation.

"The offer still stands" she muttered, repeating his words from earlier, Aria smiled to herself, her mind going from the guilt, then to nick "What's the worst that can happen" she said to herself.

Slowly she pulled herself up, grabbing a hoodie and throwing it on. Before cautiously opening the creaky cell door, pulling the sheet up as she did.

As she walked out, thinking no one was awake she walked by Daryl's cell, earning a nod from him as he was sat on his bed. She gave him an awkward nod back, before continuing to walk. Of all people why was he the one person awake, he would definitely tell her father she thought, no turning back now though.

Making it to the other end of the upper cell block, she finally stumbled upon Nicks cell. He had a sheet down, Blocking anyone who walked past out.

"Nick" Aria called out softly, no response.

She spoke again in the same tone "Nick", no response, about to walk away until the sheet moved.

Nick stuck his head out of the side of the sheet, wiping his eyes open.

"Aria?" He said surprised, looking at the girl as he stood up straight "Come in" he smiled.

She grinned back at him, before walking in as he held the sheet up for her, then dropping it down.

"So what can I do for you?" he wondered, laying down on his bed, shuffling to the side as he made space for the girl.

She simply sat beside him, before laying back next to him, turning on her side so they were both facing each other.

"Bunk buddies?" was all Aria said, as she continued to smile at him.

"What about your dad?" he said jokingly to her.

"Oh he would kill you if he found out" she joked back.

"We better make sure he doesn't find out then" Nick said as he got up, closing the creaky cell door, then walking back.

———

Aria and Nick ended up falling asleep, forgetting that she needed to return to her cell by the morning and, unfortunately for the two of them, his was the only cell visible from the steps.

She woke up from the echoes of voices downstairs, her dad was back, shit.

Even though she was happy that he finally returned from his rampage, she knew there was no way she would be able to get out of Nicks cell without him seeing her.

"Nick" Aria spoke softly, pushing the hair covering his eyes to the side "Wake up" she gently shook him.

He groaned, pulling her closer into his chest "What" he said groggily, opening his eyes.