6.1

———

Eventually they made it back to the farmhouse. The rest of the group was on the porch, eager for everyone's arrival back.

"Thank god!" she heard her mom yell, as she ran up to Aria, greeting her with a warm hug. Kissing her head and pulling away to hold her daughter face in her hands "Are you okay- what did he-"

"Mom!" Aria interrupted her "I'm fine, and it wasn't Randall it was Shane, he took Randall out, I followed them and then he killed him" Loris expression changed to anger, as thousands of thoughts ran through her mind.

"Your Dads with him right now" Lori paused, treading backwards before running to the house "Oh God!" she yelled, as she ran back out with a pistol in her hand.

"No don't-" Aria grabbed onto her moms arm as she attempted to run out to the woods.

"Mom where are you going?" Carl questioned, distressed running out after her.

"Last thing we need is more of you out there!" Hershel echoed from the porch.

"He's my husband-" Lori retorted, being interrupted by a gunshot from the field, gaining everyone's attention, especially Carls.

Carl took off running towards the field, urging Aria to follow, except grabbing the gun out her moms hand on the way.

Hopping over two fences, they finally made it to where Rick was standing with his back to them, looking over Shane's deceased body.

"Dad?" Carl spoke, urging Rick to turn around, his cheeks were stained with tears, a bloody hand on his forehead.

"He- he came at me you don't understand" he sobbed to his children "It was me or him"

Suddenly Carl raised his gun, Shane began to move behind Rick, the two kids watched as he began twitching on the ground, before pulling himself up.

"Carl- you have to believe me it was me or him" Rick continued to beg, as he raised his gun higher like he was trying to aim.

Aria saw the distress on her fathers face, but she also saw Shane getting closer and closer.

"Carl, do it" Aria said, as his finger was hesitant on the trigger, the fear building in her she snatched the gun from him, beginning to aim.

"Aria" Rick spoke, his face wide with shock.

Before Bang.

Rick gasped expecting a sharp pain, but instead he heard a body drop down behind him.

"What-" he spoke confused, looking at Shane "He was dead"

"It's in the air" Aria explained, finally realising "When you die, you turn, it's not just bites" she walked closer to Shane, before being held back slightly by Rick.

"We should go back to the others" He said, pushing both his kids along with him as he began to walk.

"Shane killed Randall"  Carl said as they were walking.

"I know, he told me... a lot" Rick nodded, looking to Aria, giving her that 'we need to talk' look.

"A lot" she echoed quietly nodding before looking behind her, thinking she heard a noise "Oh my God"