7.1

———

It had now been 8 months since everything happened.

Everyone in the group had matured greatly since the farm incident. Loosing the farm had brought them closer together, and made them stronger.

The group were now all reunited, it had taken a few weeks to find Carol and Daryl as they went off, back to Atlanta but eventually they met in the middle.
At this point the main goal for them was to find a safe place for Lori to give birth, it wouldn't be long now.

A lot had happened in these 8 months, even if no one else realised, except for Carl, Aria was now 17. The group felt bad after realising they missed it, although she couldn't blame them, they were in an apocalypse.

Finally the group stopped off in a small town, taking camp for the night in a house they had cleared only minutes before. Daryl was still checking the house, upstairs, the basement anywhere walkers could be, but all there was were decomposing bodies; which they threw out.

Lori was sat on the porch, trimming Carls hair, it had grown almost to his shoulders. Carol was sat on the porch swinging chair with a glass of wine, catching up with Lori, as if they hadn't spent basically the last year together, acting as if life was completely normal.

Rick and T-dog were gathering floorboards for when they needed to secure the doors and windows. Hershel, Glen, Maggie and Beth were sat in the front room, messing around with the guitar that Dale had found for Glen.

Aria however, was messing round with the cars, searching thorough the bags.

"Which car was Ed's stuff in?" Aria asked the group, thinking of all the cigarette packs he had left for her now "he had my charger"

"Strange that you need a charger with no phone or power" Rick squinted his eyes at her.

Lori ignored everything only focusing on trimming Carls hair  "the blue truck" she simply answered.

"Thanks mom" she said, smiling at her dad whilst she did, him chuckling.

Finally finding his collection, she looked to the house, seeing her dad walking off to kill a walker, she slipped a few packs into the pockets of her ragged jacket.

The only good thing about being in a world with flesh-eating monsters meant clothes were free. The vintage brown jacket Aria had begged her parents for before all this, she found on a walker, sure it smelt a bit but it was hers.

"Come on guys, everyone inside now, it's getting dark" Rick said, walking back from the street. Patting his daughter on the back as he urged her in the house.

"And we are done!" Lori said enthusiastically to her son, brushing off the hair from his shoulders.

"And i'm done with this" Carol said, mimicking Lori's tone and holding up an empty bottle of wine.

All of the group were inside, Rick and Daryl began barricading the door and windows with the floorboards.

Walking up the stairs, Beth, Maggie, Carol and Aria gathered the blankets, pillows and duvets from the beds and began bringing them downstairs.

Aria made her way through the hallway, eventually making it to a child's bedroom, there was blood splattered on the wall, they must've taken the easy way out.