11.1

trigger warning in this chapter (towards the end if you want to avoid it)
Self-Harm
———

Nicks eye-line followed Arias. A body, covered in blood, sitting in blood and now, blood leaking out her skull, where her brain used to be.

Lori.

She couldn't even say anything, but stand there in shock. Aria was frozen. The women who had raised her, birthed her, been there for her, was now lying on the floor in front of her, with her brains hanging out of one side.

"Mom" Aria cried.

Finally moving to kneel down beside her mom, she began to shake her, like if she did it enough she would wake up.

"Mom" Aria repeated, her voice breaking "Wake up" she whispered.

"Please" she begged, bringing her head to her moms chest. But there was no heartbeat, nothing, just silence.

"Why did you do that?" was all she could get out when she looked up at Carl.

He didn't answer, he only looked down to the ground. Maggie answered for him, stepping forward "She was going to turn" Maggie explained, her voice filled with sorrow.

"She- we can bring her to hershel she can-" Aria said, keeping some hope.

"—Aria, she's gone" Nick interrupted her, stepping closer and putting a hand on her shoulder.

"No!" she let out a high pitch scream, burying her face on her moms chest.

"I'm sorry" Maggie muttered, holding close the distressed baby "Also— i'm sorry but who are you?" she added, giving the boy a confused look.

"I'm Nick— i'm not a prisoner" he stuttered putting his hands up defensively, before Maggie nodded at him.

Carl stood up, walking toward Maggie, but not even acknowledging her, then walking straight up the stairs he had previously walked down with his mom.

Aria sat in her moms blood for a minute, before standing up, her too walking towards Maggie. She reached her hands out to the baby "Can I-" not even having to finish her question Maggie nodded, furrowing her eyebrows sadly she carefully placed the baby in Arias arms.

She felt bad, but whenever she looked at the small helpless, doll-like thing in her arms, she couldn't help but feel some hatred, like this was the thing that took her mom away from her. But, this was also the last remaining thing she had left from her mom, and she would protect it with her life.

Walking up the stairs, Maggie and Nick followed, she was met with Carl at the top, who opened the door and pointed his gun out for any walkers. Following him through the hallways, they eventually made it back to the door leading out to the courtyard, the only difference was they weren't with Lori...

Arias expression was plain, no emotion, she just stared to the ground, disguising all the pain she was feeling.

She walked out the door, looking up briefly to see they were short of T-Dog and Carol. Closing her eyes, a single tear was released, and slid down her cheek, onto the baby's face.

Aria brought the baby closer to her chest, almost like she was trying to comfort herself with it.

Rick, and Daryl were stood talking, when he heard the door open Rick turned running over, but pausing in his tracks when he noticed the small body in Arias hands, and the lack of his wife.

"Where-" Maggie and Carl looked up sorrowfully at the same time as he spoke "oh no" Rick added, beginning to sob, bringing his head down to his knees

"No-no, no, no" he continuously repeated, Aria began to sob, all her emotions silently coming out at once.