12

Days continuously passed, however much easier than before, for Y/n at least. She had Baji company in the time she used to spend alone, which was nice.
She was walking to the library, wondering where Baji is, since he has the habit on entering her class without caring what others might say but she thought that he was at the library already waiting for her, bored to actually came into her classroom. She, however, was wrong, but she thought he has something important to do and it will be a little late and she really didn't mind that at all. She started studying as normal, however as time passed she was getting worried on where Baji is.
Her time in library was almost up and Baji still didn't made his appearance. She thought that maybe he will wait for her outside, even though it was too cold for him to be outside. But she somehow hoped he was outside.
And she was wrong. Baji was nowhere to be seen. She initially wanted to go to the bus station but decided to call him first, to check on him.

I should have called him sooner.

"L/n, hi." after some time she was able to hear Baji's voice and it seemed exhausted.
"Baji-kun? Are you okay? Where are you?" she curiously asked.
"Uh, somewhere? I'm afraid I'm not able to pick you up today." he explained. "Or tomorrow, or this week in general." he said.
"What happened?" she asked as she slowly started walking.
"Nothing much. Just got stabbed." he said in a chill tone.
"Stabbed?" she asked confused.
"Yeah, it was a pretty funny story but I'm alive, so everything is good." he said.
"At least that. I didn't want you to ghost me." she said laughing.
"Our deal, anyways, it's over next week, right?" he said after some time.
"Yeah, i believe you are right." she said getting closer to the station she haven't seen in a while.
"Y/n. From a friend to a friend. Avoid small streets, be only in places with a lot of people." he said.
"Why? Is there something wrong?" she asked confused, noticing a certain someone in the station and went silent, trying to pass by it as quickly as possible.
"There are gangs, Y/n, alike the ones you say you watch documentaries about. They saw you with me, already, so you ain't that safe, now. So be careful. Chifuyu would literally kill me." he make a pause waiting for Y/n respond. "Y/n?" he asked when he didn't got a respond.
"Shut up." she said in a quiet tone. "I'm trying to pass this station without Chifuyu seeing me." she said in the same tone making Baji to laugh.
"Make sure, you come visit me or something." he said.
"Yes." she said when she thought she was far enough from the station to talk normally.

Unfortunately for her, Chifuyu had a pretty good hearing. He quickly heard her voice and looked around everywhere, only to see her back or at least he thought it was her back. He trying to move as fast as possible, without slipping on the ice, to catch the girl to see if it was Y/n or not. Y/n didn't had the best hearing but she heard something trying to catch her or someone else as the foot were pretty heavy. She slowly turned around, only to halfway see Chifuyu running into her direction. Good thing her beanie covered most of her face and Chifuyu wasn't able to see it.

"What do you mean?" she interrupted Baji from talking and also changed her tone of speaking and also loud enough for everyone on the street to hear her.
"Y/n what the fuck?" Baji asked confused by her sudden change in her voice.
"My mom? Got into... into an accident?" she asked.
"Y/n, what the actual fuck?" he continued being confused.
"What hospital is she at?" she asked.
"Ohhh, Chifuyu saw you, right?"
"Okay! I'll be there in 10 minutes." she said starting to run as fast as she could.
"You were close, Y/n." Baji said laughing.
"I was." she said getting into a random street trying to avoid being seen by Chifuyu. "I'll call you when i get home, okay, Baji-san?" she asked.
"Yeah, okay. Stay safe, Y/n." he said before ending the call.