Author's Note

Hello readers,

I hope you enjoy this book as I have put quite a lot of effort into it. Before we start I would like to clarify a few things this book will be featuring a mixture of the Tang, Ming and Qing dynasties. After watching several Cdramas and reading a few novels I have decided to write this book featuring the dynasties I personally love the post.

The official and harem rankings and positions will be following that of the Qing dynasty while culture and dress will defer to the Ming and Tang dynasty. I would like to just say I recently rewatched Ruyi's Love in the Royal Palace and this book was written beside the fanfiction I wrote for the said show so I hope you enjoy the original before you get the fiction.

___

Characters

Male and Female lead:

Xiu Zhao - the protagonist of the story, The second eldest miss of the Zhao clan the only di daughter of the Duke and Duchess.

He Huang Jun- The Emperor of Great Liang, few people know his birth name, ascended the throne 3 years prior to the beginning of the story.

Zhao Clan Members:

Rong Zhao - Head of the noble Zhao clan, he is the Prime Minister, and he is a First Rank Duke.

Huiqing Zhao - First Wife of Rong Zhao, mother of Yuchen, Jun-Jie and Xiu Zhao. Her maiden's name is Huiqing Zhao

Yuchen Zhao - Future head of the Zhao clan, devoted to his family and loves his sister the eldest of the three di siblings. He loves Xiu Zhao and is willing to do anything to keep her safe and happy. He is a close advisor to the emperor as they are childhood friends and is the Great General of the Imperial army.

Jun-Jie Zhao - Second Eldest of the di children of the Zhao clan, the twin brother of Xiu Zhao who adores his sister and older brother. While he grew up with the emperor, he prefers to stay in the shadows he entered the palace as a low-ranked minister.

Jiang Zhao - Eldest miss of the Zhao clan, half-sister of Xiu Zhao and the shu daughter of the duke. She enters the harem with her sisters due to her mother is one of her father's favourite concubines.

Liling Zhao - Youngest Miss of the Zhao clan, half-sister of Xiu Zhao. Liling and Xiu are close both look out for each other and have no issues. She is the daughter of the second wife of Rong Zhao and is doted on by Xiu and her older brothers.

Meihui Zhao - Second Wife of Rong Zhao, mother of Liling and Chao Zhao, she is the best friend of Huiqing Zhao and childhood friend of Rong Zhao. Her maiden name is Meihui Yu

Qiao Zhao - Third concubine of Rong Zhao, she has big ambitions one of them being the grandmother of the emperor.

The Harem

The Empress Dowager- Mother of the Emperor, she is from the Zhao clan and the sister of Rong Zhao.

Empress RuShanShi - She has full control of the Harem and is determined to keep the phoenix seat going as far as to kill the children of other concubines. As she is the Empress married to the emperor by decree of his father, he has not deposed her.

Noble Consort Zhi - Wise and elegant, she is the mother of the second and third princesses. She is an old friend of the emperor who married her to protect her neither of them loves the other, but they are friends, and she helps support him.

Consort Zhong - Loyal and beautiful, she is the mother of the first and fourth princesses, she is a Mongolian princess and a fierce warrior.

Imperial Concubine Chen - The favourite of the emperor, cousin of Empress RuShanShi, daughter of the Minister of Revenue. While she is favoured she has no children yet.

Imperial Concubine Le - The woman who taught the emperor matters between men and women out of consideration he named her imperial concubine.

Noble Lady Jing - Enters the harem alongside the Zhao sisters she is the daughter of the Minister of Justice and a Princess of the third rank.