Chapter 6: Illfang the Kobold Lord

A stampede of players were walking within the forest, their destination? The dungeon that contained the first floor boss. Our duo were near the back when they had met up with Kirito as he started to explain to the plan.

Kirito: so this is the plan, our main targets are the Sentinels, so once I engage with one I will focus on breaking its guard, Alongside Muzan. We will make a switch to finish them off... is that clear.

Asuna: how does he know your name?

Asuna looked over to Muzan and the said man lifted his finger in a upwards gesture gaining the Swordswoman to look in that direction. Spotting 3 bars and the names Asuna, Kirito, and Muzan on each bar.

Kirito: she just noticed that now? Can she even hold up?

Muzan: she will handle herself perfectly... I know for sure.

This gave Asuna a confidence boost, having Muzan's full trust in her abilities. Her goal now is to not disappoint. The group stop at a huge double door, knowing that this was the room for the boss.

Diabel: Try not to die and follow the plan. Let us win this!

The crowd roared ready to give this boss fight their all. Upon the opened doors they began to rush on through, looking at the boss which stood tall in all its glory. As the 4 bars of HP appeared above the boss,

Illfang, the Kobold Lord

The boss gave a loud roar, shaking some players, while the Sentinels started to spawn. Causing the players to charge into the battlefield. Muzan and Kirito were fighting a Sentinel each, clashing blades with the Mobs. Kirito was the first to be able to break its guard.

Kirito: Switch!!!

As Kirito pulled back slightly and red blur zoomed past him, blade in hand and a sword skill activated. This player? Asuna of course unleashed the fury of her sword skill onto the Sentinel striking it 5 times at blinding speed, causing the mob to burst into crystals.

Kirito: I guess he was right, she can fight.

Muzan on the other hand purposely made the Mob to drop its guard, making its blade glide past his, stumbling forward for him to decapitate the Sentinel. With the last Sentinel defeated now it was just the boss, some players were already fighting it seeing as the boss's  health was already down to the last bar. It tossed its current weapon to reach for another behind its back.

Kibaou: tch guess that informations true

Diabel: stay back, I'll go!

And with that said Diabel pushed the boss on his own causing the masked swordsman to yell to him.

Muzan: HEY!!! (Sees Diabel continuing to run) we were supposed to work together to defeat it, that idiot.

Kirito: that's not a Talwar!! Thats a No-Datchi

Muzan took a deep breath before taking off at inhuman speed towards Diabel's location. Diabel activated a swords skill ready to strike the boss but didn't expect the boss to jump, land on the wall and to launch itself towards Diabel. Just in the nick of time Muzan was able to shove Diabel to the side but unfortunately resulted in him taking the brute force of the boss's attack. Sending him flying towards the wall but hitting one of the pillars before impacting the obstacle behind it, cracking the surface upon impact.

Asuna: Muzan!!

Asuna sprinted over to the man that she had called out, checking his condition only to see that his HP is in the red zone. Unconscious she still shook him to try to wake him up, she then felt a hand clutch her shoulder looking back to see who it was, she saw the raven haired male.