Chatper 10: The Black Cats

' Somewhere within Aincrad's 11th floor '

A few weeks have passed since the incident on the 24th boss room. Kibaou, overwhelmed by the negative pressure from the assault team caused by his actions within the boss fight, made him and his guild leave the frontline entirely. Many players say that he fled down to the first floor, joining the Aincrad Liberation Army. Sharing information to others about the floors and other sorts. But this information wasn't relevant to our duo.

As of now our duo was joined by the same Black swordsman that accompanies them on their boss raids. Right now they were sitting within a tavern, side by side with a group of players opposite them. Kirito rubbing the side of his face, after receiving a punch from the rapier wielder, not taking the warnings from her seriously. All were holding cups full of an alcoholic beverage... almost all. The masked swordsman who was seated in the seat next to his partner hasn't once touched the glasses beverage before him.

The trio were introduced by Keita, the leader of the Moonlit Black Cats to the rest of the guild

Tetsuo

Sasamaru

Ducker

Sachi

Ducker: To the Moonlit Black Cats, CHEERS!!!

The sound of glass impacting echoed through the room, while the two of the there sat there awkwardly, the final player sat there unfazed by the enthusiastic guild.

Tetsuo: and this is for Asuna, Kirito, and Muzan for saving our lives! Cheers!

As the mentioned 3 awkwardly cheered, the guild began to come up to them. Bombarding them with praise and gratitude.

Sachi: Thank you guys so much for saving us! I wouldn't know what to do if you weren't there to help us!

Kirito: it's nothing really... we just happened to be around.

Keita: hey... I don't wasn't to sound rude but may I ask what level you guys are?

Taking a look at their Health bars, they could see their levels on the right end of the stat bar. Finding a player who was under level 35 wasn't common, the trio's levels ranged between level 40-50 being in the assault team had its perks. If the beater duo were to reveal their real levels they would assume that Kirito would be considered a beater too.

Muzan: level 20...

Keita: oh! That's not much different from ours. You guys are awesome! Hey! Would you like to join our guild! The way you 3 fight was awesome!

Kirito: uhh, actually these two are in a duo party. I'm just a solo player, I mostly target isolated mobs to help me level up. It's not the best way to level up fast.

Keita: oh well if that's the case then Kirito, would you like to join our guild? I mean with your skill, you'll be able to help in the vanguard with Tetsuo. I was going to get Sachi to assist him but she's also new to her role as well, maybe you can show her the ropes?

Sachi: hey! Stop talking down on me like that! It's not my fault I can't fight on the vanguard. I'll be scared!

Keita: yeah, yeah  you've been a scaredy-cat for as long as I've known you.