Chapter 17: Lambent Light

" May 19th 2024, 61st Floor, Labyrinth "

A pleasant day was present on the 61st floor of Aincrad, the sun gleaming its light over the sky. A month has passed since The Beater Duo disbanded, the Lightning Flash had joined the Knights of the Blood Oath after she sent the commander, Heathclif a request to join. With her splendid skill and swordsmanship, she rose up the ranks at blazing speeds eventually becoming the guild's Second in Command.

As of now, the assault team had gathered around outside the boss room, Preparing themselves for the inevitable battle. Currently the guilds such as The Knights of the Blood Oath, Holy Dragon Alliance, The Fuurinkazan and other high level players from much smaller guilds made up the entire Assault Team. Today was different... as players such as Diabel, Silica and others were there. The Assault Team had requested players that were over level 50 to join this fight as this boss possessed an ability never encountered before...

Flight.

Given its wings, the boss could change direction at an alarming rate. Which could lead to potential deaths, which was why they required a high number of players to gain the advantage.

After a year, the beater found himself returning as a solo player... slowly becoming accustomed to his now lonely life once more. He felt something leave as Asuna left, but didn't know what it was... he had noticed that the house felt different than it was before. It felt... empty.

Retuning to the present the masked player could be seen cleaning his short sword with a cloth, waiting with the others for the final guild to arrive. The Knights of the Blood Oath, as they possessed the crystal to open the boss room door. As if on cue they had arrived marching to where the rest of the assault team assembled. With none other than Lightning Flash Asuna leading them, she held a KoB Standard in her left hand. Walking forward to face the assault team with a look of determination she voiced to the assault team with a voice of encouragement yet, a tone of order.

Asuna: Today! We face an enemy like none other! As I will lead this battle, you will follow my command, without question! Now, to victory!

A cheer roared after the swordswoman's words, echoing through the area, as she raised the standard to lead them to the boss room. The beater only watched from the back watching as she lead the team he grew a tiny smile.

" June 23rd 2024, 48th Floor, Lindarth "

Lindarth was in its early afternoon, the sun plastered over the land with its light. Lindarth, a town which consisted of many shops that possessed items that couldn't be found in the lower floors. Within the passing month the assault team had surpassed the 61st floor as they have reached the 63rd floor of Aincrad. The sound of metal on metal clashed with a specific building, soon followed by the sound of a polishing machine sharpening a blade. Upon entering the workshop of a specific pink haired blacksmith who is currently at the polishing wheel sharpening the tip of the blade she is currently working on. Lifting it away from the machine she inspects it, looking for certain defects that could catch her eye.

Lizbeth: *sigh* Could've been better...

A sound of a bell caught the attention of the blacksmith signifying that someone had entered the shop. Setting the freshly forged weapon down onto the workbench she exited the room, only to enter the real shop. Swords that were on display scattered across the walls as other more small blades were house in glass containers. With a positive and enthusiastic attitude she made her presence known.

Lizbeth: Welcome to Lizbeth's Blacksmith Shop! how can I help you?

Looking around the shop to find her current customer, she spotted a player with a black coat, a grey turtleneck undershirt as gauntlets covered only his forearms, with black and gold grieves armoured his shins which complimented the black boots he wore. But the most notable aspect of this player's attire was the hood and mask, she spotted the player turn to face her.