Chatper 11: Surprise!

" May 7th, Aincrad's 6th floor, Arcadia "

The sun rose above the horizon of the 6th floor. Players flooded it's town streets as they ventured through the floor. Not to mention... it's vast forestry was a sight to take in, capturing anyone into viewing its beauty. With Kirito's newly acquired position within The Moonlit Black Cats, he grown accustomed with them as the weeks passed by. As of now the town's teleporter roared a bright blue aura signifying its process of transporting players. Two players emerged from the town's teleporter, a specific duo to be exact, Entering the town of Arcadia to begin their adventure. Asuna had been notified of Muzan's birthday, a month ago by the info broker. She has kept it stored in the back of her mind, keeping it for todays date after a month of searching for a gift for the boy, and today is that day.

Muzan: why are we here... may I ask?

Asuna: it's a surprise!... and it's for you to find out! Come on, I'll take you there.

Muzan: *sigh* After you...

A smile formed on Asuna's face as she began to march forward, only to be followed by her masked companion behind her. Minutes past before the Duo had reached a river, containing a small rowboat floating beside a dock on the stream of water.

Asuna: we'll need to aboard one of these to get to our destination! Oh! We'll also need to find a wagon too!

The masked boy raised an eyebrow, which wasn't visible to Asuna but decided to shrug it off. Giving a slight nod before he followed her path to aboard the rowboat.

Taking the Oars in hand Muzan began to row, allowing Asuna to take in the scenes that her eyes saw. The trees which were full of life, wielding leaves coloured in a pure green which signified their good health. The river, in a clear blue reflecting the nature that surrounds it, only to be disturbed by the boat's hull as it passes through. The mountains, so high that it would take days to reach the top, while the tops were also glazed with snow showing off it's cold environment. The atmosphere felt so pure and beautiful to the swordswoman, she felt... free. This was an experience she could only dream of. In the real world she would take cruise ships to places which would only be tied to her parent's work, which made those experiences quite dull in a way.

Muzan: Beautiful... isn't it?

Asuna: Agreed, only a game like this would be able to make something this pretty. A place like this would be polluted out in the real world.

Muzan nodded agreeing with Asuna. Even if this game was a death trap. It's beauty is one of a kind.

Asuna: Ahh, we're coming up to the dock! On the right!

Taking in her instructions he obliged, sailing the boat to meet the docks port. Allowing his partner to disembark before him. Asuna once again led the way for Muzan to follow, finding a wagon to board shortly after. The swordsman could only wonder why she was acting like this, it wasn't a common occurrence for her to request a halt on any higher floor exploration. He began to voice his questions that dwelled at this moment.

Muzan: may I ask?... what are we doing here exactly?

Asuna: hmm okay, it's something to do with today.

Muzan: today? Is there an event going on in this floor?

Asuna: Nope.