Chapter 8: Dreams

December 24th 2022

The Christmas season has arrived, decorations were hung and people were out and about. That also includes our main duo, wondering together side by side through the cities streets after a days work in the dungeons that roamed the floor. Their walk was interrupted by a familiar black swordsman.

Kirito: Hey, fancy seeing you guys out. great job on the mini boss we fought today by the way.

Klein: yeah, you two fought so well together, it was awesome!

Asuna became slightly flustered with embarrassment due to the compliment from Klein. Remembering the fight vividly.

Flashback

A roar rippled across the forest as metal clashed against one another, getting ever so louder as you get closer. Upon arrival at the battlefront we can see 4 players fighting the before mentioned mini boss and it's minions.

Kirito: Muzan! Switch!

The now announced player jumped to replace the player before him, rushing towards the boss. the boss swung its blade to keep the swordsman at bay, Muzan used his own blade to counter its attack with a deflect before planting a heavy blow to the boss delivering a devastating decrease to its Health bar, while the attack momentarily stunned the boss, vulnerable for a finishing blow

Muzan: Asuna!

A bright blue blur dashed passed passed the masked swordsman, quickly striking the boss with multiple strikes with precision and speed. Another blow to the mini boss, causing it to explode to cyan crystals. Notifications started to appear in front of the four players before allowing them to view the items they have earned.

Kirito: nice work everyone.

Flashback Ends

Upon remembering that fight the chestnut haired girl replied to the two swordsman in front of her complimenting them for the fight

Muzan: You guys did well... especially you.

Asuna: eh?

The swordswoman snapped her head towards the masked man beside her, which earned a tilted head radiating confusion from the man as if he had said something wrong. Asuna stood there struck by the boys words, she didn't know how to react or if she even could react. She could feel her face burning up, and a uncontrollable pounding in her chest, this was an experience she has never experienced before. Could it be? That she felt a certain feeling for this boy? Surely not.

Muzan: did I say something wrong?

Asuna: w-what!?!? N-no you didn't, it's alright!

The shorter girl started flaying her arms in-front of the boy, hoping he would get the message. This sudden action cause the boy to drop the subject and carry on chatting with the other two in front of them. She let out a sigh as if she was thanking the gods from being freed by the awkwardness, before joining in on the conversation in front of her.

Timeskip

Our duo were alone again walking down the streets of the town of beginnings. A thought arrived in Asuna's mind.

Asuna: *sigh* tomorrow is Christmas, and just like every other Christmas Day, I don't have anything planned at all.

with Asuna not knowing what she will be doing. She decided to ask the swordsman next to her, his decisions on Christmas Day.

Asuna: soooo... do you have anything planned for Christmas?

Muzan: I do.

Asuna oh... what do you have planned?