Chapter XVI : Preparation I

Two days after the banquet...

It had been two days since the banquet was held. Nothing special happened after the banquet. Cale also returned to work as usual. Kaeya would also come over occasionally to give Cale a report.

Grand Duke Henituse's residence was the same as always. The only thing that was different in Grand Duke Henituse's Mansion was that Choi Han's group, the Henituse Family and the Roan royal family were still there.

Cale himself didn't mind too much about them being there as long as they didn't disturb him while he was working. While Cale was dealing with paperwork, someone knocked on his office door.

"Who?" Cale asked without averting his eyes.

"This is Noel, Your Grace." Noel replied from behind the door.

"Come in." Cale said.

The door to Cale's office opened and revealed the figure of a brown-haired youth with turquoise eyes. He is the Captain of the third knight order, Noel Arian. Noel bowed once he faced Cale. Cale looked up at Noel.

"What's the matter, Captain Noel?" Cale asked.

"Grand Duke Zhongli has come to see you. Would you like to meet him?" Noel replied.

"Yes. I will meet him. Where is he?" Cale said.

"He is waiting for you in the living room, Your Grace." Noel replied.

"Okay, let's meet him. Take me there, Noel." Cale said as he stood up from his seat.

"As you wish, Your Grace." Noel replied with a bow.

Noel turned and walked towards the office door. Noel opened the office door and allowed Cale to head out first. After leaving the office, Noel walked in front of Cale to lead him into the living room.

Halfway to the guest room, the two of them encountered Choi Han's group, Crown Prince Alberu, the Henituse Family, and King Zed. It turned out that they were planning to go see Cale. They wanted to ask Cale something.

"Grand Duke Henituse. What a coincidence, we just wanted to meet you." King Zed said.

"Ah, how about we all go to the living room? After all, Grand Duke Zhongli is also waiting for me there." Cale said.

"Oh, Grand Duke Liyue is waiting for you? We mustn't keep him waiting too long." Crown Prince Alberu said.

They all followed Cale towards the living room. Once in front of the living room door, Noel knocked on the door and opened it. Inside the living room, Zhongli was chatting with Noah over a cup of hot tea.

"Grand Duke Zhongli, did you wait long?" Cale asked while sitting on the sofa that was for one person.

The people who had come with Cale to the living room were sitting on the sofas that were still empty. Noel was back on duty after he ushered them all into the living room. As soon as Noel closed the living room door, silence immediately fell in the living room.

"What brings you here today, Grand Duke Zhongli?" Cale said to break the silence.

"I want to confirm your preparations, Grand Duke Cale. How far are your preparations?" Zhongli asked.

"Ah, those preparations? To be honest, I have a lot to prepare. Then, before leaving, I have something to get from Kunikuzushi." Cale answered.

"Kunikuzushi... Grand Duchess Ei's eldest son? What should you get from him?" Rosalyn asked.

"Yes, the eldest son of Grand Duchess Ei, Kunikuzushi Inazuma. I have to take my new sword from him. My old sword broke during an inspection of the underground area. I asked him to make a sword for me." Cale replied.