4

CHAPTER 4

       The man only laughed, "You're his, aren't you?" Lo'ak hissed in reply. "You're his alright," the man smiled menacingly before reaching out to replace the other avatars hand, taking a hold on his queue. Lo'ak gasped in pain as the man made him look at him.

"Don't!" Kiri cried in Na'vi as all the others voiced their complaints and fears as well.

"Where is he?" The man asked Lo'ak. His smile was gone.

Lo'ak groaned as the man adjusted his grip on his queue. He spoke to him in Na'vi, "Sorry, I don't speak English," he paused for a second, "To assholes."

"Where is your father?" The man demanded in bad Na'vi, catching Erìhe by surprise. He tugged at Lo'ak's queue, making him hiss in pain and the others began to protest. "Really? You wanna play it this way?" The man took out a knife, holding it up to Lo'ak's throat.

Kiri, Erìhe and Spider struggled in the hands of the avatars holding them back. "Don't!" Kiri cried again.

The man let Lo'ak fall back to the ground and one of his men was quick to grab him again. He walked over to Kiri.

"Kiri!" Spider yelled, "Hey! Hey, don't touch her!" He struggled as he tried to break free from the avatars. His yells of protest were enough to make the man turn around to look at him.

"What is your name, kid?" The man asked.

Spider took in deep breaths before replying, "Spider," then added, "Socorro."

Something in the man's eyes changed. He looked down at the boy with evident confusion on his face and gestured that the avatar holding him let go. He kneeled down, "Miles?" He asked.

Spider remained silent for a moment, "Nobody calls me that," he told him.

Erìhe looked back and forth between the two. How would that man know who Spider was?

"Well, I'll be damned," the man finally said after a moment of dead silence. "I figured they'd send you back to earth."

"They can't put babies in cryo, dipshit," Spider said.

Erìhe grimaced. Was that man somehow his father, reincarnated into an avatar?

The man stared at Spider long and hard, as if trying to make sense of something. Finally, he motioned for the avatar to hold him again and he got to his feet. "What are we doing, boss?" The avatar holding Spider asked.

The man pressed the button on his neck piece, speaking to someone on the comms, "Iron sky, blue on actual," he spoke. Erìhe supposed he'd heard a response since he went on, "We're standing ready for extract. Over."

Erìhe's eyes widened and she looked over at Tuk. They were planning on taking them along.

"Be ready, we're bringing in high-value prisoners," the man said as the group of avatars started leading them toward their extraction point.

"Let us go!" Kiri said.

They were all thrown to the ground once they had made it to the spot the avatars led them to. Her hands were tied, so Erìhe could not do anything even if she wished to. The colonel walked into the clearing where the battle between Quaritch and Jake had taken place. They pulled out a screen and seemed to connect it to the suit. It was old, but it showed a video. The video of Quaritch's death.

Erìhe tried ignoring the video as she shuffled the tiniest bit closer to Tuk. Her leg was now pressing against the smaller girl's knee and she smiled softly at Tuk when she glanced at her. "Be brave," she mouthed and Tuk nodded determinedly.