7

CHAPTER 7

A woman walked through the crowd of onlooking villagers and warriors. Something about the way she carried herself told Erìhe that she should be on her best behavior around this woman.

"I see you, Ronal. Tsahik of the Metkayina," Jake greeted her. Erìhe had guessed that she was the Tsahik by the way she was dressed and by how she walked over to stand beside the Olo'eyktan.

"I see you, Ronal," Neytiri repeated, making the woman look from Jake to her. The Tsahik seemed beyond confused and wary about the fact that they stood before her.

Tonowari extended an arm toward Jake, "Why do you come to us?" He asked.

Jake glanced back at his family and Erìhe. "We seek Ukturu," he said as he opened his arms wide.

"Ukturu?" Ronal repeated and glanced at her husband.

"A sanctuary for my family," Jake continued.

The Tsahik turned her eyes back on him before walking forward, toward them.

"We are reef people," The Olo'eyktan said as his wife moved through the Omaticaya, "You are forest people. Your skills will be nothing here."

"We'll learn your ways," Jake said.

Erìhe watched out of the corner of her eye as the Tsahik approached. She quite scared her. Erìhe saw as Neteyam smirked, his eyes on her - as if he knew she was nervous. Erìhe reached out to hit his arm, but he only chuckled silently and withdrew his hand out of her reach.

Ronal held onto Neytiri's tail, inspecting it. This caused her to turn around and look at the Tsahik. Then, the leader held Tuk's hand, "Their arms are thin," she proclaimed before letting go and moving forward.

Tuk stepped away from the Tsahik, closer to Neytiri, "Mom," she said and Neytiri held her closer.

"Their tails-" Ronal held Erìhe's tail, showing it to the entire tribe, "-are weak," she said as she let go.

Erìhe furrowed her eyebrows accusingly and stepped away, her eyes focused on the sand. She did not want to glare at the Tsahik.

"You will be slow in the water," Ronal told them and then moved on to hold both of Kiri's hands. "These children-" she lifted her hands up, "-are not even true Na'vi!"

Erìhe looked around as she heard the people gasp. Jake and Neytiri shared a look.

"Yes, we are," Kiri told the Tsahik, pulling her hands back.

Ronal let go of her and walked back over to where Erìhe stood beside Lo'ak and Neteyam. She had let Kiri be just to humiliate Lo'ak instead. She held his hand up, "They have demon blood!" She announced as she spread his fingers to show everyone.

More shocked gasps could be heard.

Erìhe stepped forward to say something but she was held back by Neteyam holding onto her arm. When she looked over at him, he merely shook his head the slightest bit.

"Look," Jake said and held up his own hand, "Look!" He showed everyone his fingers, "Look, I was born with the sky people and now I am Na'vi. Alright - you can adapt." he turned around to face the chief. "We will adapt. Okay?"

Neytiri stepped from behind Jake to look at Ronal, who had walked back to stand beside the Olo'eyktan, "My husband was Toruk Makto," she told her. Jake grimaced - as if he had hoped that she would not mention it. "He lead the clans to victory against the skypeople." She turned her eyes to the chief. Tonowari merely inclined his head as a nod.