Chapter 19 Choker

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

It had been a month since I had been rescued but nothing was back to normal yet. I still wasn't in school and to say my mom was over-protective would be an understatement. We have been staying in a hotel under the supervision of the police department. It felt like I was locked up again but less this time my mother was with me. Now along with her paranoia that I would be taken again she had become over-affectionate. Always giving me hugs or check kisses whenever I was nearby. At first, I loved it but now it was becoming a little much. It was time to have a discussion with her.

The hotel was large more like a suite than a hotel room. It had a bedroom that I shared with my mother, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a living room/office. I found my mom in her makeshift office. Since she hadn't been back to work as a hero she had been handling all of Endeavor's paperwork. It also seemed strange to me that Endeavor was the only one she would let into the hotel room as well. He had become our main source of getting food and clothing

I walk over to the desk my mother was working at as soon as I came over she stopped what she was doing.

"What's up hun," my mom asks

"I want to leave"

"What," my mom said shocked "it's not safe-"

"The world isn't safe mom" I interrupted her causing my mom to go silent "there will always be danger but I don't want to stop living my life just because of it. I want to go home. I want to go back to school. I want to live my life. That was taken away from me for months while I was trapped with Shigaraki but now I have to make sure you don't trap me as well"

A few tears welled in my mother's eyes making me feel guilty but I need to get the words out.

"I know that my life is going to be different now but we need to find a way to make it safer instead of hiding in fear"

My mother let my words sink in before speaking "I was so afraid while you were gone it felt like I had failed you all over again. The worst feeling in the world is not being there to protect your child. How can I even call myself your mother when I keep letting you down."

"You are the best mother anyone could ever ask for. You are understanding, kind, funny, and very loving there is no other mother I would ever want but I need you to trust that you raised a kid that can get herself out of bad situations."  I said

My mom didn't look convinced and I was about to accept that I would never leave this hotel again.

"I do have an idea of how I would be okay with leaving this hotel and you going back to school but I don't know if you'll like it" she seemed unsure as she spoke

"Tell me" I eagerly replied

My mother took a deep breath before speaking that's how I knew she was about to drop a bomb on me "So Endeavor hasn't just been coming by just because he is my concern boss. We have been dating for over a year now."