Chapter 21 Hug

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

"That's her"

A student whisper to his friend as I pass them in the hall. It had been like this since I walked onto the school grounds. Everyone had been talking about the return of the student who was kidnapped by villains. I miss the days when I was invisible to everyone now it was like I was a glowing neon sign.

I went to my classroom keeping my head down to avoid the stares. The classroom was almost empty but I greeted the students who were there. They welcome me back but then left me alone. While I sat in my seat I try to focus on the notes given to me by my teacher so I could catch up with the class.

While I was minding my own business trying to focus on my notes a crowd was gathering at the classroom door. Their whispers were getting louder as I try to ignore them.

"I wonder why the league of villains wanted her she doesn't look strong"

"Maybe she is a spy for them now"

"There's no way she escapes on her own"

Their whispers were pissing me off then I realized for the first time I could speak. I could tell them to shut up and go to their own class but did I want to be mean? While I was dealing with my dilemma someone else stepped in to speak for me.

"You're blocking the door," an irritated Shinso said to the crowd "also why are you here gawking at a student who just went through a traumatic event? That's messed up."

All of the students who came to look at me suddenly had a look of shame cross their faces. They all gave a small apology before going to their own classrooms. Now that the doorway was clear Shinso was able to take his seat beside me.

"Thank you"

Shinso eyes widen surprised that I had spoken.

"You talk! How?" Shinso asked

I touch the metal chocker around my neck before speaking "This device makes it so I am able to speak"

"That's great Y/n so how have you been"

"I am doing alright" even though I wasn't "it's just been weird since I've been back. Everyone has been treating me like glass like one word will make me break. I don't know what to say to most people now adays"

I hadn't meant to be so honest with Shinso but these feelings had been building up inside me.

"It'll go back to normal eventually Y/n but if you ever need someone to show that your not glass then I'll gladly spar with you"

I chuckle at what Shinso had said I was glad to have someone treat me normally.

"Thanks, Shin"

Shinso was about to say something else when an excited Mei burst into the classroom. She ran straight to me wrapping me into a tight hug. I almost couldn't breathe by how tight she was squeezing me.