21

I had been standing, staring at my reflection in the body length mirror for the past ten minutes. I took a deep breath. Black shorts and a flowing yellow top had to be okay right? I looked down to my two feet that looked as if they were getting a slight tan. On my two smallest toes sat one silver toe ring. I hadn't taken them off since I left home. I decided to wear open shoes.

My reflection stared back at me. I waited for myself to say something to my reflection but nothing came out. My phone said it was seven oh three. I took a few steps back and sat on the couch, flicking the phone case on and off my phone. Just as I got up to check the oven was off, the doorbell rang. I loudly slapped my feet on the floor as I ran over to the door. I took a heavy breath in as I opened the door to the blonde and breathtaking Tristan Dawson. He was standing tall (as always) with two perfect rows of teeth. Two deep dimples sat on the edge of his pink lips. He wore black skinny jeans, black shoes and a black and yellow Nirvana tee shirt. His hair was spiked up tall. I was in awe of how amazing he looked at this moment, with the sun beginning to set behind him.

"Woah..." he said under his breath, his lips barely moving when he spoke.

"I could say the same for you."

"But you're woah," he laughed. I smiled and looked down to the ground. "Let's go?" he asked and flipped the car keys in his right hand.

"Okay!" I smiled, shutting the door behind me. He was halfway down to his car when I turned back around to him. He stopped and turned around to look at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You look amazing, and that's just your casual." I smiled at the compliment and walked up to him, placing my hand on his arm.

"Thank-you." Tristan walked to my car door like he had before, and opened the door for me. I smiled as I got in and fixed up my top which had slipped around and got caught in my shorts. He walked slowly around to his own seat, before getting in himself. Tristan put the keys in and the engine had started within a second. He reached out to turn the radio down. He looked around and then drove out of my court.

"So where are you taking me?" I asked. I was a bit excited to see what he came up with.

"Okay so I didn't want to say it over the phone... but it's not exactly legal."

"What?" I half yelled. What did he mean? It was illegal? Where was he taking me?

"Any guesses?"

"I don't know... I don't what's legal and what isn't here."

"You'll be surprised. I don't even know why this is illegal," he laughed as he turned into a busy highway. His head kept moving as he looked around for cars when he switched lanes.

"Are we going to go to jail?" I asked, feeling my palms begin to sweat.

"No! Calm down, it's not serious. Well yeah it's illegal but we won't get caught. Nobody does."

"You better be telling me the truth!" I laughed, suddenly feeling better about the situation. Tristan turned into a small sandy road and I had no idea where we were. I looked out the windows confused. Where was he taking me?

After a few minutes of silent driving he spoke, "Okay! Here we are!" he happily said, turning off the engine. I looked around shocked. Where exactly was that?

"Uhhh... where?" I imagined my eyes were wider than possible now. Tristan quickly looked at me, a cheeky smirk on his face. He pulled the keys out and placed them in his pocket, as well as his phone from the center console. I opened my door as well and looked around, still unsure of where we were. A big hill surrounded us, with trees in every view. The ground was rock and sand.