29

Sara's eyes were wide as she looked at Tristan with his arms wrapped around me. She closed the heavy door and slowly walked towards us.

"So it's true?" she asked. She was slowly getting closer to us. "There is a guy?"

I pushed myself away from Tristan and watched his arms fall around as he reached for my body again. Tears were now streaming down my face.

"This... This is Tristan," I gulped. Tristan's long and tired face turned around to Sara, whose jaw dropped. I could almost see the love hearts pop out of her eye sockets.

"Tristan Dawson?" she asked. "You're dating Tristan Dawson?"

"We're not-"I started but was interrupted by Tristan.

"It's not official or anything..." he said quietly.

"Oh..." she said.

"Did you tell those paparazzi who I was?" I asked.

"I mean – I didn't know. I thought that they knew. I'm sorry. I didn't think much of it honestly."

"They know who I am, they know where I'm from. They have pictures of me."

"Mae, don't worry... It will be okay!" Tristan said, trying to lighten the mood.

"It won't this time! It won't..."

His face fell and suddenly a frown appeared on his face.

"Whatever this is... it's over."

"What?" he asked.

"Get out..." I whined. He didn't complain. He didn't argue. He just backed away from me and left.

"Mae – I'm so sorry. If I knew-"

"You didn't know though. That's the thing," I mumbled, my voice cracking. I wondered if the decision I made was right or not. I would probably never see Tristan again and I didn't know if I would be okay with that. I guess what they say is true. Sometimes it's just not meant to be, this probably just isn't the right time for me.

"I'm sorry..."

"Dinners in the fridge. I'll be in bed," I whispered as I turned from her gaze and walked up the stairs. Tears rolled down my cheek as I made my way to bed. I didn't even bother changing out of my clothes, and I didn't care that it was like four in the afternoon. I just wanted to sleep.

A/N - SO CLOSE TO 1K READS ! PLEASE VOTE AND SHARE TO HELP ME GET TO 1K!