33

A/N Sorry about the time in between recent updates, I have been so busy with school, work and exams! Hopefully you all like this update.

Also - FIVE THOUSAND READS WOOOO WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!? Thank-you guys all for the constant support and constant commenting and voting, etc.

From now on I'll be adding a photo to each chapter, this one is going to be who I pictured Alex as (the fabulous Gigi)

Please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments, and possible thoughts on where you think this might go (I want to see what you guys think!!!!)

Enjoy x sleepingtightdreams

I woke up the next morning to someone banging on my bedroom door. The digital clock told me it was 9:03.

"Who is it?" I asked, curling my head into my pillow. The knocking didn't end and it was hurting my head.

"Mae! You need to come downstairs right now! Put something nice on," yelled Sara's voice from the other side of the door. I sat up and looked around the room. The room was cool but the blind was still up, the sun streaming in. I guess I forgot to close it last night.

It didn't take me long to stumble into some used clothes that were curled up in a ball on the floor. They had only been there a few days. I quickly checked my face in the bathroom before slowly walking down the stairs.

"Sara what-"I began to say, but was stopped. My living room couch sat one woman, mid-fifties in a pant suit. On the couch beside her sat two men in casual clothes. I looked to the table, where several men flipped through different pages of documents, all highlighting and outlining separate pieces of the work. Then, in the center of the room some women paced around the bench and were all having different conversations on their cell phones. When I walked into the room everyone looked up from what they were doing and focussed their eyes on me.

Suddenly, they were then back into it.

"Sara? A minute please?" I asked, calling her over. She quickly stumbled over to me.

"Who are all these people? In my house?" I asked, demandingly.

Before she spoke, a voice came from behind the kitchen cupboards. I turned over to see the model herself, Alex Wilson jump up from the floor.

"Where do you keep your glasses?" she asked in her perfect, American accent.

Alex Wilson, Tristan's ex girlfriend was in my house.

I stood, looking at her puzzled. Why was the Alex Wilson in my house? Sara could tell by the look on my face that I was confused.

"Top draw, on the left," I softly said, still puzzled as to what was even happening.

"Hun, come over here," she smiled to me and pulled me into a hug, "I'm Alex."

"I know who you are. Why are you here?"

"We need to have a chat," she said confidentially as her slim body walked over to the couch. Sara and I follow her as we sit across from her and the older lady on the couch. Two glasses of water are brought to us by ladies with headsets on. The pantsuit lady hangs up the call on her phone, and hands it to a lady who then walks to the dinner table.

"Hi girls," she confidently says, taking a deep breath in.

"Hi," I say, not sure whether it is a question or not. I was still questioning just how everyone got inside my house in the first place.

"You're probably wondering who I am or why I'm here but it will all be explained in due time," she smiles, her white teeth glimmering in the light of the room.

Before I can speak, my attention is drawn to Alex who speaks before me.

"Look okay let's cut to the chase. We all know that you have been fooling around with Tristan. As his ex-girlfriend I have truly come to save you from what he's doing to you. Tristan is like the dark horse of Hollywood, he's not someone you want to be involved with."

"Fooling around? Tristan and I never-"

"Spare me the details Mae, we're here to help you. You are the second girl he has done this to, we can team up and finally take him down."

"I don't know what you're asking me to do?" I asked, "Who are all these people?"

"My associates. Look Mae, all you need is a good story, and we are going to help you get that."

"What? What do you want me to do Alex?"

"That's where I come in. The name is Julian," the lady, who's name happened to be Julian, interrupted. She extended her hand out to me and shook mine.

"Julian runs a daytime television show on channel seventy-eight. All you have to do is one interview and suddenly his career will blow up with the truth emerging." Alex flicked her hair.

"Are you sure we are talking about Tristan Dawson here? Why is he so bad?" Sara asked.

"He uses people in Hollywood to get fame and money... he gets whatever he wants with the click of his finger. You and I can team up to show everyone what he is like under that skin."

I frowned, "I mean, I don't know. Tristan and I never connected on that level. I think it was just a miscommunication of feelings."

"This interview will bring in more than ten thousand dollars to you, if not more. It is all based on the views we can achieve really," Julian says as she crossed her legs and sips out of a coffee mug.

"When will all this happen – if I was to do it?" I asked.

"Tomorrow night we're thinking. The studio is free from six. All we need is a few advertisements with some dramatic music to get the ball rolling."

I looked at Sara, who was nodding her head slowly, as if she was taking it all in like me.

"It's not every day you get offered ten thousand dollars to basically publicize a guy who wronged you," Alex laughs, "Take the opportunity god-damnnit!"

"Okay, I'll do it..." I softly said, still in a fit of rage from last night. The men on the table rushed over to me and handed me a pen to sign millions of contracts. I couldn't get the thought out of my mind that this most likely wouldn't end well. I was probably going to hated by every teenage girl in the world. I was basically degrading their favorite celebrity.

I was going to be hated. But maybe that was something I had to deal with.

Later that night

Sara sat by me as we flicked through the channels, trying to find something entertaining to watch. Both of us stopped as we saw my own face flicking through a black and white filter. I see, the advertisements had reached television.

Julian's voice echoed in the background of the ad as it started.

"So you're telling us that the Hollywood star broke your heart?"

Videos of Tristan in public came onto the screen, slowed down and in black and white. Suddenly, a clip of a date we once went on came on. The screen faded to dark and it said;

The Tristan Dawson Confessional

Saturday 9/10c

When I finally took a deep breath, I changed the channel to Fox.

"Oh my..." Sara said, sitting up.

"What?" I instantly looked at her, fear hitting me.

"Look." She pushed her phone under my nose that was open to Twitter. New tweet from Tristan Dawson.

3 seconds ago, he had retweeted the post from Julian's show's account about the featurette tomorrow night. He added his own note.

Should be a good one. Keen to see.

Just at that moment, a four-word text from Tristan arrived on my phone.

What have you done?