46

enjoy, my friends!

x

sleepingtightdreams

Meredith drove as fast as she could as my nervous heart was almost beating out of my chest.

She drove straight up to the door. The door was still swarmed by loud girls holding up posters, with police very slowly moving them on. I hoped none of them would notice me.

"Mae call me when you get home. Call me whenever. I'll be here if you need to talk at any time. Thanks for one of the best summers of my life, honestly. Just go, you'll find him."

"But what if I can't get through?" I asked, having no idea.

"Just go, you'll find him."

I reached over the seat and hugged her, saying "Thanks so much for an amazing summer."

I smiled at her and reached for the door when she grabbed me on the arm and I turned back to look at her.

"Good luck," she said softly and smiled. I knew she meant it. I nodded as I climbed out of the car and in through the automatic doors. Meredith drove off. Luckily, nobody noticed me.

The air inside smelt fresh and I ran to the screen with all the flights listed, the only sound in my head was my white converse clapping along the clean floor. I quickly checked my bags in and ran to the screen that displayed all the flights.

I stopped to breathe when I scanned over the flights going in every direction. I was joined by a few groups of obvious tourists, trying to find when their plane left. My heart was nearly beating out of my chest.

The flights changed, and instantly a flight from LAX to NYC came up at the top of the screen, displaying all the flight details. I looked across the screen and saw that the flight was leaving at 7:30 p.m. I checked my phone to see it was 6:33 and it had taken us over an hour to get here. His flight began boarding in 15 minutes, and I could imagine that he would be boarding first. I looked around to see what terminal I was in, and realized I was only in terminal 1, and I had to be in terminal 4 within 15 minutes to be safe.

I turned and ran quickly, dodging families with handfuls of bags and suitcases. I didn't have any time to be stopped by anyone now.

I followed numerous signs to make my way to the terminal, but I kept getting stopped by people walking slowly.

Time was running out, and I knew I wouldn't make it. It started to get hard to breathe and I started to cry, knowing I wasn't going to make it. Having a suitcase rolling behind me made it worse, and even harder to run.

I got to Terminal 4 at 6:44 and I looked around, waiting for someone to tell them that their gate was open for boarding. I looked around for his blonde hair, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Someone called out my name and I turned around to see a group of camera's in my face. Men were shouting at me and I ran to the bathrooms.

I waited a few minutes, and I knew they would be gone. As I walked out, a blonde haired boy leaned sideways against the wall. I knew it was a long shot, but it was worth it.

My heart stopped.

"Tristan?" I was desperate to find him.

He turned around with a confused look on his face.

"Sorry, wrong person," I awkwardly smiled and turned in the opposite direction to the boarding gate. The gate was covered by a glass surrounding, and inside were a hundred or so people sitting on the seats provided or just standing waiting for their call.