2

After I had gotten something to eat at McDonalds and boarded the plane, I was sitting waiting in first class. Since I was without a legal adult Bruce paid for me to go first class, just to be 'safer'. The chairs were those ones you could lie in and they had their own personal television.

As people boarded the plane, I began thinking. It was only about 6 hours ago school finished and now it was 9pm and I was on a plane. Funny how so much can change in such a short amount of time. I lay down in the seat with my feet up. There was a spare seat next to me. There was only two to a row. I was hoping nobody sat there so I had all this room for the flight. In 5 hours I would be in a different part of this country. I couldn't imagine what Hollywood would be like. Would there be stars everywhere?

Anyway, I didn't care about those types of people. There was a man that walked on with dark sunglasses and a black hoodie. He actually looked really shady. I looked away as I saw him stare at me. 'Don't be next to me, don't be next to me,' I thought to myself. With my back towards him I heard a bag being put above the seat and I knew I was going to die.

There was a little movement next to me as he got into the seat and made himself comfortable. I turned onto my back and faced the roof. I tried to get a look of him in the corner of my eye but the way I was lying down, it wasn't possible. The hostess came around and closed the overhead locker. She smiled at me and I gave her a look as if saying 'help me'.

We had to strap our seatbelts on now. I thought it was now or never. I could jump off this plane and nobody would notice. I could go start a family in Mexico. Too late. The plane was starting and turning around. We were ready for takeoff. 5 more hours like this.

I was asleep when I heard some camera clicking noises. I started to panic. Was he... taking pictures of me? I opened my eyes alarmed. He was... taking selfies?

"Oh sorry, I thought you were asleep." His voice was like honey, it just flowed so nicely. It made me feel warm and it was a good feeling.

"Sorry?" I said knowing my squeaky voice couldn't compare to his.

"I didn't wake you did I?"

"No, um I wasn't sleeping, it was just a lie down."

"That's not what the drool says."

"What...?" Just then I noticed I had been drooling. I could not believe this I had never drooled before.

"Happens to the best of us," he said taking another selfie. I looked at him. He still had sunglasses and a hoodie on. He seemed like he was mid-thirties but his voice made him sound like he was a teenager. His phone camera kept clicking. Once he saw me watching him he stopped and held out his hand. "My names Tristan. Tristan Dawson."

"Okay?"

"You know you're supposed to shake it." I looked at him in that way mother always looked at me. I slowly reached up to shake it, contemplating if I should or not. My mom's lecture about strangers replayed in my head. I shook his hand.

"I'm Mae Parker." He took off his glasses to reveal light pools of blue in his eyes. I'd never seen a pair of eyes like his before. I think he caught me gazing into them because he took his hoodie off and revealed dirty blonde hair. His skin was tanned, and he had blonde hair which made it even better. I saw a hostess at the end of the isle walking towards us with a cart. I checked my watch, it was 11 o clock at night and I was hungry.

I turned back to my new friend Tristan and he was already in another world listening to music. How could I think he was thirty before?

I guess glasses and a hoodie could change the look of somebody. I would say he was 20 or younger if that. He was tapping the arm of the lounge seat in the beat to the music. We were the only two people awake in first class and he was making it really hard for everyone to stay asleep. The lady in the row behind us kicked me in the back of my chair.