17

"Ooh!"

"There's Daniel and Renae!"

Daniel, Renae, and Jiho walk through the cafeteria with their lunch trays in hand. A couple feet away, Renae notices Duke getting bullied by a few other students. 

"Haha!" Vin Jin laughs as he kicks Duke away. "High kick!"

Renae taps Jiho on the shoulder and then subtly points towards Duke wanting to know more about him. She had already met him yesterday at his grandma's food stand but that interaction had been very brief.

"That's Duke from the vocal department. I was just like him before I started eating with the two of you" Jiho answered. "They're complete bastard..."

"Hey, Jiho" Daniel said, causing the shorter boy to look up towards him. "Do you know that guy? You should invite him to come eat with us."

~~~

The entire cafeteria watched in disbelief as they saw two of the most popular fashion department students sit with Duke.

"T...Those two...why are they starting to hang out with the weirdos? Are they up to something?"

"They're both really nice."

"Taking care of the weak..."

"Great people."

Vin Jin picks up a metal cup, ready to throw it at Duke. He smiles when he sees the cup flying through the air. "It's time that Duke gets humbled. If I let him keep acting like this, he'll start to think he's better than me."

His smile quickly drops though because Renae had held her her arm out and caught the cup with one hand. She sighs before setting it down on the table. "This guy is really annoying..."

"Thanks for catching that" Vin Jin said, quickly regaining his composure. "I was just trying to tell Duke to go fetch me some water." 

He smirks as he looks at Daniel and Renae. "So you two are the new transfer students. You're both good looking and I like that. Either of you want a cigarette? Let's go smoke."

Vin Jin starts becoming intimidated when he sees the looks that the two transfer students are giving him but he refuses to show it. It was already bad enough that he embarrassed himself by running away yesterday when he saw Renae. He didn't need to add on to that. 

"What's with those looks? Do you two have some kind of problem with me?" Vin Jin questioned. 

"Huh?"

Vin Jin starts becoming confused as he feels Jay presumably glaring at him as well. "What the hell is with this dick? What's he looking at?"

"Hey, Vin Jin. Be careful where you throw your stuff. You almost hit someone" Zack says. "And get the water yourself. Is your hand broken or something?"

"Wow, what's up with Zack these days?"

"He's not bullying anyone lately."

Mira watches the interaction intently. Now that she thought about it, why was Zack actually choosing to defend someone? She glances slightly in Renae's direction. "Could it because of her...?" 

"You wanna get messed up?" Vin Jin scowls as he stands up, his two followers copying his actions. "Cheeky bugger."

"Can't you see anything with those glasses on? I bet you like stealing honey butter chips" Zack said, him and his friends standing up as well.

"What the hell is he talking about?"

"Wow! They're gonna fight."

"Fashion and vocal!"