12 (edited)

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

"Mira...where are you studying for the exam?" Mira's desk mate asked.

"Hm...I'm heading to the library later. Since school finishes early today" Mira explained.

"Hey Mira."

Mira turned her head around to see who had just called her name.

"Hey, I'm...going to the library too. Shall we go together? If you're okay with it" Zack said, swaying side to side in his seat.

"No" Mira replied firmly.

"What? Why not?" Zack asked, jumping out of his seat.

"If you go, you'll just get into a fight again" She responded.

"Hey...I don't go around looking for a scrap all the time" Zack argued.

"Yes, you do" Mira said, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "You know I absolutely hate fighting"

"Look, Mira. I won't fight. I promise" Zack said, a small blush on his face.

"Fine, but I'm going to invite one more person" She said, standing up and walking over to a certain girl's desk. (I don't know how the seating arrangements work 🙊)

Renae was taking a nap, but was awoken by somebody tapping her desk. She lifted her head and got ready to glare at the person who had just woken her up, but refrained from doing so once she realised it was just Mira.

"Hi, Renae. I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the library with Zack and I?" Mira asked cautiously, this being the first time she's talked to the girl.

Renae grabbed the notepad and pencil that were on her desk and wrote a response back.

Sure

"Great!" Mira exclaims. "I'll wait for you after school so we can walk there together. Is that ok?"

Renae nods.

Mira goes back to her desk with a smile on her face. Meanwhile, Zack had a scowl on his face, upset that Mira invited Renae of all people.

"Why did she invite me and not somebody else? It's not like we know each other well. This is the first time she's spoken to me" Renae thought. "She probably invited me to keep Zack in check if he tries to get into a fight..."

~~~

"Not today. No fighting!" Zack thought. "Patience. Patience"

"His eyes are fierce."

"Nice style but too bad"

"Those little...patience."

"Zack" Mira called out, causing Zack to turn his head in her direction.

Mira quickly walks over to him, Renae trailing behind her.

"You're here early" Mira points out.

"P...pretty! Still pretty in casual clothes" Zack thought, looking at Mira.

Zack took a quick glance at Renae.

"She also looks pretty...No! Get that thought out!" He thought. "Mira's the prettiest!"

Renae looked at Zack's outfit, noticing that he had changed into some uncomfortable looking clothes.

"But...you changed your clothes?" Mira asked, also noticing Zack's outfit change.

"Eh? I changed into something more comfortable hehe" Zack said nervously.

"Doesn't look comfy..."

Renae taps Mira's shoulder lightly, reminding her that they needed to enter the library.

"Anyways, let's just head in" Mira said, a small grin on her face.

~~~

Upon entering , Zack looked around the library in amazement, almost as if he had never stepped foot in one before.

"It's a happy place. I had no idea!" Zack thought.

"I'll pay" Zack exclaimed, a dreamy look on his face.

"Oh! Thank you" Mira said happily

Renae gave a thumbs up to show her appreciation, even though she could have easily paid for herself.

"Nice place! It just feels neat and tidy!" Zack thought. "However..."

Zack looked at Renae distastefully.

"Why does she have to be here?"

Zack shrugs his shoulders absentmindedly, not noticing the confused look that Renae just gave him.

"Whatever. I hope time crawls by. Sit next to Mira...study...eat together" Zack thought, a dreamy look on his face. "I'm feeling fantastic."

"Third floor" Mira states as all three of them start walking up the stairs.

"But not because of the library. Mira. Because you're with me!! I'm happy"

~~~

All the seats in the co-ed room were full, so Renae and Mira were currently in the girl's room.

There was an awkward silence between Renae and Mira. They weren't friends or even acquaintances, so the conversation topics were very limited.

While Renae did acknowledge the silence, she made no effort in trying to communicate with Mira. Instead, she focused on finishing her homework, planning on actually studying once she was back in the comfort of her own room.

"Hey, Renae. I'm getting kind of hungry. Do you want to go get something to eat?" Mira asked.

Renae nodded her head."Now that she's mentioned food, I'm suddenly hungry" 

"Alright. Let me just text Zack and then we can all get something at the snack bar" Mira said, picking up her phone to send the text. "Done. Let's start heading there."

Both of them stood up and started walking to the snack bar, Mira mostly leading the way.

They met up with Zack along the way, both him and Mira starting a conversation.

Renae was listening to the conversation, but had no intention of contributing anything to it.

Mira tried including her, (much to Zack's annoyance) but it was clear by Renae's bored expression that she wasn't very interested in what they were talking about.

"I feel like a third wheel. Should I find an excuse to leave?" Renae thought. "No...Mira's a nice girl and I don't want to just bail on her. I guess I'll just have to wait it out..."

~~~

Criticism is welcome!