2 (rewritten)

rewritten 02/29/2024

Third Person P.O.V.

Renae stared blankly at her bedroom ceiling after trying and failing to fall asleep.

"Maybe I just need some fresh air. I'll walk to the nearby convenience store and get myself some food while I'm at it" She thought.

She made sure to grab some money off of her nightstand and grabbed her phone as well. She tried turning it on but realized that her phone was low on battery. "No use in bringing it with me and draining the battery for no reason. I'll just bring my notepad and pencil on the off chance I need to speak with someone."

~~~

When Renae arrived at the convenience store, she wasn't expecting to see some guy sitting on the curb with his face all bruised up. She jogged a bit to where he was sitting and then crouched down.

What happened to you? No offense but you look like you just got beat up. 

"No offense taken! I didn't get beat up, I just...ran into a wall by accident..." The guy said nervously.

"There's no way the injuries to his face are just from running into a wall. It's obvious that he's lying about what really happened but I won't question him because it's none of my business" Renae thought.

Wait here one second. I'll go inside and get a first aid kit.

"A-Are you sure?! I don't want you wasting any money on me!" The guy panicked.

Yes, I'm sure. Do you think you'll need help applying the first aid kit or will you be able to do it yourself?

"I-It's alright. I can apply the first aid kit myself" The guy responded.

She gave a nod and stood up from her crouched position. She held up one finger, signaling that she would be back in a bit.

~~~

Renae sat next to Daniel on the curb as he finished applying what he needed from the first aid kit onto his face.

"Thank you for helping me, even though you didn't have to..." Daniel said thankfully.

"Even though Renae doesn't know who I am in this body, she's still being nice to me..." Daniel thought.

I didn't really do anything that important. All I did was grab the first aid kit and then leave money on the counter.

"Still though, i-is there any way I can repay you?" Daniel asked sincerely, hoping there was at least something he could do to return the kindness that Renae showed him.

You could tell me your name if you wanted to.

"You want to know my name?!" Daniel questioned.

Of course. Why else would I ask?

"O-ok then. My name is Daniel Park!" He said enthusiastically.

What a coincidence. I have a classmate named Daniel Park.

"Does you go to J High? If so, I think he might be my roommate" Daniel stated, even though he already knew what the answer was.

Renae nodded.

"That's a weird coincidence..." Renae thought. "I'm sure I'm just being paranoid though."

It was nice meeting you Daniel, but it's getting late and I have school tomorrow.

Daniel nodded in understanding. He had school tomorrow as well, just not in his current body.