10 (edited)

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

"Since you apologized, we'll give you a break! But I won't forget your faces!" The third adult shouted.

"Babe, get up!" Gold chains demanded, the skinny women getting up from her seat with a sullen expression on her face.

"You rotten youngsters!"

When the three adults left, Zack's three goons turned towards Renae and Daniel and started congratulating the both of you.

"Daniel! Renae! You two are awesome!"

"They were crapping their pants!"

"Hahaha."

"Why are they congratulating me? Daniel was the one who scared them off" Renae thought.

~~~

"Renae! You and Daniel were super cool! We should like, totally hang out soon!" Zoe squealed.

Renae shrugged her shoulders, her usual emotionless expression on her face. Besides the whole boy craziness, Zoe seemed like an okay person. 

While Zoe was blabbering on about why the both of them would be great friends, Renae noticed that Daniel seemed a bit more intoxicated than he was before.

"Looks like the liquor's really kicking in now" Renae thought.

"Sick!"

"You rule!"

"And I was like...!" Doo said, punching the air to demonstrate how he "fought".

"Hey, do you know who I crushed before?"

"Hehe you mean that guy?"

"These guys...is it fun for them to get in fights? A couple of days ago, they even tried to beat up little Daniel and Jiho. Who knows what would've happened if Vasco and I hadn't intervened..." Renae thought.

"Did you see when Daniel broke the bottle? Or when Renae broke Doo's phone into pieces using her hand?"

"It was obviously not their first times!"

"Although, I'm not sure I have any right to criticize these guys, considering how I was in middle school..."

"Renae! Don't worry about my busted phone! I will just steal G Hole's, hehe" Doo laughed, patting my shoulder.

"Still, why do they..."

"I should have taken a nude pic of those b*tches, too" He continued.

"Harass others with no consideration?"

Doo froze when he saw the glares that Daniel and Renae gave him, the atmosphere suddenly turning very tense.

"Let go of her" Daniel demanded

Doo quickly complied, his whole body quivering in fear.

"You guys having fun? You jerks ever once put the shoe on the other foot?" Daniel asked in a threatening tone. "Don't pick on me. Do you even know how I feel?"

Almost everyone looked extremely confused, wondering what the hell Daniel was talking about.

"I don't really understand what Daniel's saying. As far as I know, these guys never made fun of him..." Renae thought.

"He's right. Don't bother him! You bastards!" Zack agreed, tears still streaming down his face.

Daniel grabbed the cup in front of him that was still filled with alcohol and started drinking it. Like the first time, he immediately spit it out once he realized it was alcohol. This time though, instead of laughing, everyone looked at him confused expressions.

Daniel's eyes started fluttering and he suddenly collapsed on to the table, his head making a loud THUD sound.

"Oh Danny" Zoe cried.

Renae grabbed Daniel's shoulders and gently shook them in attempt to wake him up, but it was a wasted effort seeing as Daniel was still very much unconscious.

"It's no use. He's out like a light" Renae thought. "Who passes out after only taking two sips of alcohol and then spitting it out? I don't have any right to judge him though, considering I've never drank alcohol before. I might be even more of a lightweight than he is."

Zack started bawling his eyes out when he saw that Daniel wasn't waking up. Everyone else just froze, unsure of what they should do. Renae froze too, suddenly realizing something.

"If Daniel's passed out...that means I have to spend time with these guys by myself. Ugh, hopefully they're distracted by Daniel passing out and won't talk to me."

~~~

1 HOUR LATER

"Danny!"

"Wake up!"

"He's smashed hehe."

Renae was correct when she assumed that everyone else in the group would be distracted by Daniel's passed out form.

Zack's three goons had moved Daniel's body to the floor and were entertaining themselves by slapping him in the face repeatedly in an attempt to wake him up, Zack was crying over the fact Daniel was passed out, and Zoe would occasionally call out Daniel's name and lightly shake him. Renae had chosen not to do anything and was instead sitting next to Zoe in the circle of people surrounding Daniel. 

Renae was the first to notice a very out of breath little Daniel standing in the doorway to the restaurant.

"Little Daniel? What is he doing here? And why is he so out of breath?" Renae thought.

"Huh?"

"You?"

Renae's eyes shifted towards the goons who had just spoken, watching them to see to make sure they wouldn't make a move and try to hurt little Daniel.

"Luckily, they don't seem to recognize him, but that might change later. For now, I'll just see how things play out and step in if I need to" Renae thought.

~~~

A/N: I'm sorry that this chapter is shorter than normal. I promise I'll try my best to make the next one longer 😊

Criticism is welcome!