20

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

As soon as Daniel's name was announced, the crowd started to go wild.

"I knew the response would be amazing! This is the highlight of the day!"

The announcer seemed to be in a relatively good mood but his expression immediately dropped when his eyes fixated on someone in the crowd. He breaks his attention away and whispers something in Daniel's ear before once again smiling.

"What was that about?" Renae thought.

"Okay! Let's start the bidding!"

"$300!" Zoe shouts, slamming her hand onto the stage.

"Nice! $300! I have $300."

Zoe's smug smile didn't stay on her face as another girl in the crowd called out an even higher bid.

"$1,000" The girl calls out, not even flinching at the amount of money she was bidding.

"Wow! I have $1,000? Anything higher than that?"

"Everyone is staring at me...is it because I look like that singer IU?" The girl asked. "She kind of sucks but do I look like her?"

"You're way prettier, Lala!"

"That amount equals DJ Roofy's record from two years ago! Going once for $1,000!"

"$2,000" A girl called out from the crowd.

This had started a bidding war a bidding war between Lala and the girl, which ultimately ended up in Daniel being bought for a grand total of $5,000.

Renae had originally planned to just go home after the festival had ended but once she caught sight of the girl that had bought Daniel and her bodyguard, her plans changed.

"Why the hell is he here?!" Renae thought. "Whatever the reason, it's dangerous for Daniel to be around that guy!"

She hesitated a bit before deciding to follow the three. It didn't take her long to catch up to them and luckily, it seemed Daniel hadn't done anything to upset Gun. 

Renae hid herself from view and tried her best to hear what was going on. 

"Just a second!" Daniel shouted.

"That's enough" Gun responded. "Who do you think you're going to touch?"

"This is bad! Judging by his tone, he seems pretty upset..." Renae thought. "I need to help!"

Renae ignored the fear filling her heart and stepped away from her hiding place, allowing herself to be in view of the girl, Daniel, and Gun.

Gun had taken notice of her almost immediately. He loosened the grip he had on Daniel and let his wrist go. His previously angry expression was replaced with a mocking grin that only stretched wider when she walked closer until she was standing right next to Daniel.

"It's been a while since we've last spoken, Renae" Gun said. "How have things been?"

"..."

He lets the mocking grin stay on his face a bit longer before switching to a more serious expression and turning his attention to Daniel. 

"Personally, I'd like to let you go, but I have to listen tho the person that's paying me" He says. "You have talent, though."

"Just...Just a second!" The girl shouted worriedly. "Gun, he said to just keep watch! You don't need to-"

"You received that instruction" Gun responded. "I was told to make sure no one touches you and to crush anyone that tries to do so."

Gun takes a step closer and Renae grabs Daniel's arm, pushing him back behind her in an attempt to create as much distance between him and Gun as possible. He stumbles slightly but steadies himself by grabbing onto Renae's shoulder. He's surprised to feel Renae shaking. It's not noticeable at all and he wouldn't have even noticed if it hadn't been for the fact that he had grabbed onto her.