13

Third Person P.O.V

Violet jumped out of her sleep in a cold sweat, a scream ripping through her throat.; tossing the blankets wildly, removing herself from the bed with a start, she fell to the floor, her ankle caught in the blanket. She continued to scramble for the door. 

"Vi?!" Aaron pulled the door open harshly "Holy shit Vi, are you okay?" He helped her off the floor, grabbing her hands. She threw her arms around him tightly, gripping the back of his shirt. 

"Hey, hey, you're okay. I got you." He ran his finger through her hair, cradling the back of her head. "What happened?" He asked softly

Violet shook her head quickly, keeping her eyes screwed shut. "Okay okay, Let's go sit down, and get you some water." Aaron shuffled them over, toward the table. 

"Alright Vi, sit right here. I'm not going anywhere." He leaned toward the fridge grabbing her a water bottle and sat it in front of her. 

Tears fell from her cheeks while she picked at her fingernails anxiously. Aaron watched as she tried to fight back her tears, Violet holding herself together barely by a thread. Images from the worst nightmare she's had in a long while fresh and replaying in her mind. 

"Vi." Aaron called. "I won't be upset, and you will not hurt my feelings. Do you need me to get Zak?" He crouched in front of her, his hands resting on her knees. 

Violet nodded her head, tears hitting the back of Aarons hand. "Okay take a small sip of your water, and I'll be right back." Aaron nodded, standing up and rushing out of the RV. Violet stared at the water; her fingernails still being picked at, her thumb beginning to burn from the skin breaking. 

Violet closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, counting to 3. The door swung open, with a thud. "Violet" She jumped, placing a hand over her chest, as her heart started to pound at a rapid rate again. He crouched down in front of her, the same position Aaron was in, except his hands were higher on her thighs. 

Violet sighed, a ghostly smile flashed across her face briefly as a calming wave washed over her with a sense of peace, and safety. "Hey, are you okay?" He brought a hand to her cheek, a smile coming to his face as she leaned into it. 

"Dream." She mumbled. "Bad?" He asked. She nodded, leaning forward and wrapping her arms around his neck. "Really bad." her voice barely above a whisper. 

"It's not going to happen." He reassured, his hands sliding down her sides, to the back of her waist, pulling her against him. "It's not real. You were sleeping just fine earlier, what happened?' He asked. 

"You left me." she mumbled into his shoulder. Zak chuckled softly, standing up straight, Violet's arms dropped around his torso. He kept his arms tightly wrapped around her. 

"I'm sorry, I had to help set up base camp. Are you up for it tonight?"  He asked, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, as she pulled away. 

"I'll be fine, the dream was just a little to vivid for my liking. Just scared me is all." She smiled up at him, walking toward the room she had rushed out of. Zak followed behind, his hands stuffed in his jeans. She was digging through her backpack, searching for her Rosary. 

"Vi." Zak placed his hand on the side of her hip, before dipping down, capturing her lips with his. Violet hummed in response, her arms wrapping around his neck absentmindedly. "What was that for?" She smiled as he pulled away. 

"I wanted to see that smile" He pecked her lips once more. She felt her cheeks heat up. "stoppp." She shoved him playfully, she grabbed her rosary, placing it around her neck. 

"If you feel, hear, see anything that is not normal, wrong or endangering what are you doing?" Zak asked, leaning against the door frame, a serious expression falling over his features.