━━ four.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ARAYIA WAS SAT ON THE COUCH IN THE LIVING ROOM OF THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE, ONE OF HER FAVOURITE BOTTLES OF VODKA IN HER HANDS. She rolled her eyes as she saw Damon enter the room. As soon as they made eye contact, she looked away from him.

"A, come on," Damon groaned, running a hand down his face. "You can't be mad at me forever. Please. You don't get it. The things I'm doing with Caroline? That's only to get at Stefan and Elena." he said, walking over to her and sitting down next to her. He lightly grabbed her jaw, tilting her head for her to look at him. "I can't stand her. She whines about everything. I only want you."

"If you only wanted me, you wouldn't have been fucking other girls just to piss off your brother. And clearly, it doesn't get to him." she said, creating eye contact with him. "And you literally told me the other day that we're just friends that have sex."

"I didn't mean it." he shook his head. "Come on, come to the party with me tonight. I'll bail on Caroline. I want you to come with me."

"Really?" she asked, her eyebrows raising as a sudden joy filled her stomach. "Yeah, I'll come with you."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Damon stood in front of the mirror in Stefan's room, holding a tie up to his neck. Arayia sat on the desk chair, already finished, waiting for the boys to finish getting dressed. "Do they still wear ties to this thing?"

"Why are you even going?" Stefan asked his brother, then looked over to Arayia, addressing the question to her as well.

"It's only fitting," Damon reminded his brother. "We were all at the very first one, remember?"

"I think it's better that we don't draw attention to ourselves." Stefan told his brother.

"I actually really like the attention, Stefan, so I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one." Arayia said to him with a bitchy smile.

"So you should stay here. I'll see to it that Elena has a good time," Damon's eyes widened as he saw that Stefan was pouring himself a drink. "My goodness, I've driven you to drink!"

"Can't seem to rid myself of you two," Stefan sassed. "What else am I supposed to do, besides go about living my life?"

"Go about living my life. See, therein lies your eternal struggle. You're dead, dude. Get over it. What do you think?" Damon retorted. He looked at himself in the mirror as he basically finished getting ready. "It's cool not growing old. I like being the eternal stud."