━━ five.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ARAYIA ONCE AGAIN FOUND HERSELF OUT OF TOWN WITH ROSE, BUT ONLY THIS TIME, ELENA HAD ACCOMPANIED THEM. They found their way to Slater's apartment, because Elena claimed that she wanted more information on Klaus. Rose banged on the front door with her fist, earning no response. "Slater? Slater, it's Rose. Open up!" after a brief moment of no response, again, she turned to face Elena. "He's not home. Sorry."

"Mhm, no." she shook her head. "We didn't come all the way out here for nothing."

Rose sighed, then she used her vampire strength to push open the door. Elena warily looked inside the apartment, and Rose gestured into the room. "After you two."

Elena nodded, entering, then Arayia followed suite. Arayia yawned, already bored as she found a comfy-looking chair and sat down. Rose wandered further into the apartment than the other two. "Slater?" she called.

As she finally found him — more so his body, her face fell in shock. "I don't think he's gonna be much help."

Arayia pushed up to her feet and walked to where Rose was, where she saw a dead Slater. A stake was sticking out of his chest. When Elena finally reached them, she gasped out in shock. Rose grabbed onto his feet and dragged him away, into a different room to keep the sight away from the human. 

Elena finally regained her composure and walked over to Slater's desk, picking up a bunch of papers. "Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop found him and killed him for his information."

Rose and Arayia both walked up in behind Elena as she shuffled the papers. "Yeah, probably to stop him from helping us." the oldest vampire in the room retorted, giving Elena a look.

"The guys a vampire almanac." Rose explained. "Knowing too much information just bit him in the ass." she made her way to the window, pulling open the curtain. 

Elena's eyes widened. "What are you—"

"Tempered glass. UV rays can't penetrate." she answered, bored. Her gaze fell out the window, gazing upon the street and the people buzzing around the sidewalks. "I used to come here and watch the day."

Elena looked down at a framed photo on the desk, which contained a picture of Slater and some girl with black hair and red lipstick. She looked back up to Rose. "I'm sorry about Slater."

"Any luck?" Rose asked, disregarding her condolences.

"She hasn't even tried." Arayia sassed, giving Elena another look. It seemed to be something she did to the human a lot. Maybe because she got on her nerves quite a bit. "She's just been snooping. You know, I don't see the point of me being here."

Elena rolled her eyes at the vampire, then attempted to log into one of the computers. "Um, it's password protected. I cant get in."

"No, this is fine." Rose shook her head. "Let's just go."