━━ nine.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ARAYIA RECEIVED A CALL DROM ELIJAH, TELLING HER TO BE READY IN AN HOUR FOR HER TO ACCOMPANY HIM TO THE HISTORICAL TEA PARTY; AND OF COURSE SHE OBLIGED. He was a gorgeous man, how could she say no to him? Arayia stood next to Elijah as they spoke with Carol Lockwood, his arm was snaked around her waist. "Have you spent much time in Richmond for your book? There such a wealth of history there."

"No, I'm focusing mostly on the smaller regions of Virginia." he responded with a nod. "Lots of research. Strictly academic."

"That's fascinating." she smiled, eyes wide. She smiled even wider when she saw Damon approaching them. "Damon!"

"Carol," he responded, grinning.

"What a surprise!" she exclaimed.

"Hi," he said, as they exchanged a kiss on each other's cheek. 

"Hi," she responded, then looked to Elijah. "Elijah, I want you to meet Damon Salvatore. His family is one of Mystic Falls' founding families." 

"Mm-hmm," Damon hummed proudly. "Such a pleasure to meet you." 

"No, pleasures mine." Elijah responded, as they shook hands. Arayia had to keep herself from laughing as she noticed that the two were squeezing each other's hands so hard that they could've broken one of the others hands. 

Carol looked between Arayia and Damon. "If I have my facts right, you two dated, did you not?" 

Arayia awkwardly chuckled. "Yeah, but now I've moved on to Elijah." she looked at him and smiled. "Well, not that we're dating but, you know."

"You seem to have moved on fast, no?" Carol asked her, a faux smile on her face. 

"Are you trying to call me a whore, Carol?" Arayia asked her, furrowed eyebrows. "I'm friends with you're son, you know. I feel like he'd be disappointed to hear that." 

"Oh, Arayia," Elijah began in a disapproving tone, though all three of the vampires knew it was fake. "Don't create drama, please."

"Why not?" she inquired, furrowed eyebrows. "It makes everything more fun." 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Damon pulled both Arayia and Elijah into the study for a private conversation. Elijah looked at the younger vampire, raised eyebrows. "What can I do for you, Damon?"

"I was hoping we could have a word." Damon told him.

"Where's Elena?" Elijah inquired, tilting his head to the side, completely oblivious to the sharp glare he received from Arayia.

"Safe with Stefan." he told the Original, an unbothered tone. "They're laying low, you know, bit of a werewolf problem."

"Oh, yeah, I heard about that." Elijah nodded slowly.