━━ five.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE BARLOWE VAMPIRE GROANED AS SHE WOKE UP. Quickly, her body shot up as she took notes of her surroundings. She felt weak. She knew almost instantly that Stefan had injected her with vervain and threw her in the cellar, along with Damon. But for some reason, Damon wasn't with her. Unless they had another cellar to keep him in, which they probably did.

She looked down at her hands, and cursed under her breath as she realized that her daylight ring was no longer on her finger. And then, she heard the sounds of footsteps approaching. Quickly pushing up to her feet, she went to the door, where there were bars that she could see out of.

Then she saw the familiar face of Stefan Salvatore. He carried a blood bag in his hands and slipped it to her through the bars. "We don't want you to wither away, do we?" he asked her as she opened the blood bag and basically downed the contents in one gulp.

"Then what's the point of keeping me in here?" she asked. "I mean, I can see why you did this to Damon. Or, at least, I think you did this to him. Did you?" she inquired, earning a nod. "We both know eventually I'll outsmart you and find a way out, Stefan. Whether it be today, tomorrow, or in a year. After all we've been through? You're really just gonna lock me up to suffer?"

"Yes, Arayia," Stefan nodded at her. "I am going to just lock you up to suffer. You know why? Because you're cruel. You don't care who you hurt in the process of getting your way."

"Damon was the one doing all that shit to Caroline," she said, furrowing her eyebrows. "Why would I have any part in that?" as she realized she had gotten him stuck, she smirked.

Stefan scoffed, then walked away.

"You know as soon as I get out I'm coming for you, right?!" she shouted after him. "Ooh, maybe even Elena!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Arayia laughed to herself as she realized how much Stefan had screwed up. He gave her a full blood bag. That was more than enough to get her strong enough to break through the cell door.

She then heard commotion and yelling — which that led her to assume that someone had come down, attempting to free Damon. And she knew that if Damon got out, he would come to let her out. Now they just had to wait until the sunset.

She heard the sound of footsteps nearing, so she pushed up to her feet. There she saw Damon. He looked exhausted. But she couldn't deny it, he still looked handsome.

Damon quickly unlocked the door, and pulled it open for her. "I just killed Zach." were the first words he said to her.

"Oh, that's fun." she said sarcastically, walking over to the freezer which was in the basement — it held lots of blood bags in it. She grabbed a bag and ripped it open, downing the contents.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

In the cemetery of Mystic Falls, a group of people were all hanging out, stoned off of random pills found in a house. But then the music abruptly stopped.

"Donovan?" one of the boys asked.

"No, I'm good," Vicki Donovan shook her head, refusing to get up and turn the music back on.

"Not it."

"Not it."

"Not it," another girl said last, then looked over to Vicki, laughing. "Ah! Vicki."

Vicki huffed, then got up and walked to the car. When she was there, she saw Arayia on the ground, leaning against the car, panting. Then she saw Damon, who looked as if he was trying to help her.

"Hey!" Damon called. "Hey! Help! Please. My girlfriend, she just randomly started breathing all weird now she can barely keep her eyes opened."

Vicki looked shocked, then reached into her pocket for her phone. "I'll call an ambulance."

"No," Arayia said, making her voice sound as if it was hoarse. "No, please. Come here."

Vicki furrowed her eyebrows, then slowly walked closer to the girl. Arayia then quickly pushed up to her feet and grabbed the girl. She showed her fangs, then sunk them into her neck. She felt a hand around her waist as Damon moved to the other side of Vicki's neck and began to drink her blood as well.