━━ seven.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THEY HAD FOUND VICKI WITH TYLER LOCKWOOD, ABOUT TO FEED ON HIM — THEY TOOK HER TO THE SALVATORE HOUSE WHERE THEY MADE SURE SHE STAYED INSIDE. "I don't understand why I have to stay cooped up here. Why can't I just go home?"

"Because you're changing, Vicki, and it's not something you wanna do alone." Stefan explained to her.

Arayia sat in Damon's lap as he read through the Mystic Falls newspaper. "There's nothing in here about that Logan guy you killed," he said, closing the paper up. "Someone's covering it up."

Vicki pointed to the object in Damon's hand. "What's that?"

"This is a very special, very old compass." he explained to Vicki, then looked up to Arayia. "What was Logan Fell doing with it? Aren't you curious?"

"They're obviously onto us." Arayia said with a duh tone, giving Damon a look.

"Well, if you guys are so worried that someones onto you, you should just leave town." Stefan shrugged.

"Thanks for the offer, Stefan, but we're staying," she smiled. "And you know, you should be worried too. We all should."

"Hey, um, I'm hungry. Do you have anything to eat?" Vicki asked.

Stefan handed a cup with animal blood in it to her. "Here,"

"What is it?" Vicki asked, sniffing it.

"It's what you're craving." Stefan answered.

"Oh," Arayia chuckled. "Don't lie to the poor girl." she looked at Vicki. "It's somewhat the thing you're craving, but it's not human. It's an animal. Might be a skunk. Bambi. Who knows?"

"Go on, give it a try." Stefan nodded at her in encouragement.

"She's new," the older Salvatore hummed. "She needs people blood. She can't sustain on that stuff."

"Yeah, why can't I have people blood?" Vicki asked.

"Yeah?" Arayia agreed, looking at Stefan with furrowed eyebrows.

The green eyed Salvatore sighed. "Because it's wrong to pray on innocent people, Vicki."

"You don't have to kill to feed," Damon sassed. "Just find someone really tasty and then erase their memory afterwards. It is so easy."

"No, no, no." Stefan shook his head, a firm look on his features. "There's no guarantee that you can control yourself, okay? It takes years to learn that. You could easily kill somebody, and then you have to carry that with you for the rest of your life, which, if I haven't made clear, is eternity."